Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Max Garen's Ult Last?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MaximumTacolord

10-21-2012

I've been playing a ton of Garen lately and I've been wondering if one point in his ult is really all you need. His ult has such a bad cooldown and if you're playing with a Darius (which is my favorite time to play Garen) you don't even NEED your ult. I think Darius even has a faster cast time so if you both try to ult the same guy, yours won't go off.

Just seeing if anyone else agrees, it's hard not to click the ult level up the second it comes up.

Forbiddian

10-21-2012

So leveling his ult lowers the CD, first to 120s, then to 80s.

Each point in it also increases the damage output by at least 200-300 damage. Without his ulti, Garen is extremely weak, so I would say you should level it.

0shi

10-21-2012

It doesn't just increase the base damage and reduce the cooldown, it also increases the health scaling, around 7% per point

Orphane

10-21-2012

The cooldown reduction you get per rank is pretty high though. And it's worth more than, what, .5 seconds more on Courage per point?

lbgsloan

10-22-2012

Quote:
Orphane:
The cooldown reduction you get per rank is pretty high though. And it's worth more than, what, .5 seconds more on Courage per point?

You get 1 second longer on his W, plus it lowers the CD by 1 second per rank. I personally like to max Q now, then alternate between W and E. 2 seconds on the shield at rank 1 is nearly useless beyond tanking an incoming tower hit or such, but 3-4 seconds on it is good enough to take a few hits.

And yes, ranking R does increase the damage on it. The only ults I wouldn't max until last in this game are probably Janna and Jayce. And Udyr of course.

HaIfhearted

10-22-2012

Quote:
lbgsloan:
And yes, ranking R does increase the damage on it. The only ults I wouldn't max until last in this game are probably Janna and Jayce. And Udyr of course.

I ono, man. I usually max Udyrs ult before his other skills.

Gotta get that ultimate-level power up, ya know?

Bunnle

10-22-2012

It's worth it alone for the cooldown reduction. He's not Darius. No easy modo reset, unfortunately.

moiseman

10-22-2012

Quote:
Forbiddian:
Without his ulti, Garen is extremely weak.

my infinity edge garen would like to have a word with you.

but yeah, ult is cool, just because it has a nice range and you need something to use between 2 spin to win anyway, it helps finish the ranged champ that just dashed away and would have poked and kited you forever while his friends melee you

Forbiddian

10-22-2012

Quote:
moiseman:
my infinity edge garen would like to have a word with you.

Da phuck?

HaIfhearted

10-22-2012

Quote:
Forbiddian:
Da phuck?

Makes perfect sense, actually.
Not only can spin-to-win crit, but the crit damage benefits from IE's bonus crit damage.

IE Garen basically crits an entire team at once for massive damage.
Its awesome.