Could someone elaborate on Elo reset

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

George Strait

10-21-2012

So, I remember reading in the Victorious Janna Rewards that this season is a soft elo reset. My question is, what happens to peuple under 1200. I have read forums and many say they get hard reset at 1200, others say they get the 1200+"insert their current elo"/2, I've even heard their elo stays the same, which I do not believe. It would be nice if someone could elaborate exactly what these elo resets entails for people of all elos.
Edit: I am not the mass downvoter. Sorry, I appreciate all your posts.

jsieger

10-21-2012

I believe its the second one

George Strait

10-21-2012

Bump

Tanerian

10-21-2012

Yeah I think the Elo reset is 1200+current Elo divided by 2. It is possible this is only for people above 1200 though, I'm not certain.

Mokroa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-21-2012

It is supposedly the (current elo) + 1200/2 So if you are at 1200 then you stay at 1200, anyone below goes up and anyone above goes down. It will be something similar to that at least, maybe not that exact formula . There should also be a k value reset which basically means that for a few games, wouldn't go over 10 but could be under, you would gain more like 20-40 elo a game instead of the average 10 or so. Of course none of this is concrete and could be different but that is how they will most likely do it, probably just with some number tweaks.

Augustine

10-21-2012

It is a soft reset on November 6th 2012.

Your CURRENT elo will be averaged with 1200 under this formula:

(Current elo+ 1200)/2.

If you're below 1200 you'll go up in elo, if above you'll go down.
Your wins and losses will go to zero and you'll have inflated elo gains and losses for the first 40 games or so.

DragonXiao

10-21-2012

It's none of the above. It will be like season one. Everyone is put on a curve and assigned an elo based on that distribution.

Dardseid

10-21-2012

They have not said how they will be working it yet. These people are talking out their asses.

Augustine

10-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonXiao View Post
It's none of the above. It will be like season one. Everyone is put on a curve and assigned an elo based on that distribution.
Did you just go and downvote everyone because you didn't agree with them...

Here's the quotes from the front page
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/v...on-two-rewards

"Also of note is the soft Elo reset to Twisted Treeline and Summoner’s Rift on November 6. This new date is better in line with the arrival date of new Season 3 content, and gives summoners more time to compete on the Fields on Justice to wrap up Season 2."

"You will begin the new season unranked, with your initial seeding based on a compressed version of your final rating from Season 2. In addition, the system’s confidence in your rating will be reset, so large Elo gains will be possible even if you’re an extremely experienced player. More details will be released as we come closer to the start of the season."

They compress everyone's elo to a set median on the curve and that is done by?
Averaging everyone's elo with 1200.

Please don't go around spreading false information, I have provided proof from the front page so please show me your proof.
The downvote button is not for you to disagree with people who don't share your opinion. If you have an opinion share it, but don't put down facts that I posted to help the OP.

Augustine

10-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dardseid View Post
They have not said how they will be working it yet. These people are talking out their asses.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/v...on-two-rewards

Dard, they have already stated how it will be working.
It's right there on the front page and it's the very first thing you see.