Orianna vs. Katarina

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

bandos the god

10-20-2012

Who wins, and as Orianna how should i play to do the best against a Katarina?

Patroks

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-20-2012

Not much experience with it, but I'd suggest to save abilities until she shunpos and only auto attack until then. Save ult to stop hers unless it can net a kill.

RavenMagus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-20-2012

Go ahead and try to harass her with Q/W, though be aware that if you're a little low (or you're in a position where she thinks she can kill you), she's going to shunpo as soon as you Q. When that happens, stay next to her and shield yourself to get your ball back on your head, and ult as soon as she does.

Quintessence

10-20-2012

kat wins that lane hard.

Laffarater

10-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quintessence View Post
kat wins that lane hard.
Agreed :C
Save your R and use it when she shunpo-ults, or however she does it

Rusion

10-20-2012

Well, as you know, it depends on the skill of the player behind the champ. (skip that, honestly....)

I believe Kat would win with her Shunpo everytime. You know how Orianna has to send her ball away? That gives Kat all the more reason to Shunpo behind you and Death Lotus you, and even if you catch her with your ball, she can always Shunpo back to a minion or ally.

Anyway, now with actual help. I'm not an Orianna player, but from her skills I think that casting protect on yourself/ or Kat when she comes near. Then putting out Dissonance after she walks past you, and finally attacking or Ulting after would be good for her to leave. She's a burst champ after all, get protection or coordinate with your jungler to stun her. I reccomend having an Amumu.

bandos the god

10-20-2012

ok, so it seems like kat counters ori completely basically, so which champs are good against kat?

Surakai

10-20-2012

kat.

orianna can't beat her hard enough to stop her from roaming and getting fed from her broken passive. many ori's won't even be able to slightly beat her.

Rusion

10-20-2012

Gragas can basically beat her hard enough, as well as Anivia. Basically any caster with some sort of slow/stun can stop her hard.

buttersnipss

10-20-2012

i wouldn't say completely counters... people act like they need to go rambo in lane and pick up kills by themselves. if you are ori against kat then just sit within tower range and farm, she wont shunpo if theres the threat of a turret, rely on your jungler to get you kills.
just chill the **** out and farm