Kennen is not doing any damage early game?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Neiro Bobba

10-25-2012

Why someone would try to give tips on a character they've never played is just silly. Dorans RING on kennen? Really...

flduckhunter73

03-12-2013

I play kennen ALOT. I will say that his early game damage output is pretty awful compared to just about every other mid champion. However, his ability to farm at range, harass, and escape virtually any gank more than makes up for his lack of pre-6 kill potential. When I play Kennen I typically have the same build.

Hourglass, Crystal Septer, DeathCap, Sorcerers Shoes, Hextech Gunblade, Liandrys Torment.

Alot of people like to go will of the ancients but Gunblade has more AP, the same spellvamp, lifesteal, and attack damage which works well with the passive from Kennens W. Screw auras! Plus the active can be really good for kiting or can be used to slow them after a stun which bridges the gap between rounds of cool downs in a duel allowing you to hit them with another round of Q W E.

I typically build these same items but in a different order depending on how early laning went. If I am ahead, I am going to go hextech revolver and needlessly large rod. If I am behind I willl rush for a hextech revolver + giants belt. Once these things are done I pretty much always proceed to an hourglass since it is such a critical item on kennen.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-12-2013

Kennen is kind of sucky. Theres a reason you never see him played in any tournament. He basically does no damage. His AoE damage/stunner is very strong lategame BUT requires him to dash right into the enemy team, kind of like a Bad Fiddle ult.

His advantage is that during laning, he needs no mana and can really spam it up. He can pretty easily escape enemy meleers up toplane with both his Dash and an insta-stun. A point blank Shurican,Dashthru = 2 counters, so if they already have 1 on them from your autoattack then they are immediatley stunned, take some dmg, and you back off easily.

So yeah, he has some nice utility but he doesn't bring too much damage to the table, which is bad for an AP carry. Building him bruiser or tanky doesnt work either.

Dpaladinx

03-13-2013

If you have hard time playing as Kennen. I recommend you playing him as an adc or ad kennen top or mid (which I often like to do). Thus being said, he's usually more viable top than bottom since he coutners a lot of popular melee tanky tops. Playing him as an ap mage is much harder.

I really love Kennen. He's so adorable and is one of the most flexible champions in roles.

Atoxa

03-13-2013

I used to play kennen. What do you max first? In lane, ALWAYS max your q. The amounts of harass coming out of that is amazing. Then max w, then e.

Ok, here is how I build him.

Amplifying Tome + Health Pot

Hextech Revolver + Boots

Rylai's + Sorcerer's Shoes

Deathcap

Now, I usually take Abyssal Sceptre and then finish out my WoTa from Hextech Revolver.

Ok, you NEED to farm as kennen. Learn to play him mid lane. Because the thing about Kennen is he needs his farm.

NEVER use your e to farm, unless you are under your turret. Your e is an AMAZING escape tool so don't waste it!

Now, land those shurikans like your life depends on it. Level your spells as q-e-q-w-q, etc.

Once that q hits level two, you should be able to do massive damage.

Now once you hit 6, the enemy should be around half health. Considering your dodging tools with e, you shouldn't be low at all. Now if they are far away, I usually flash in for the clear shot with the q, and then ult + e+w. They always die from this combo unless it is an extremely tanky champ.

My 2 cents. Hope it's helpfull. He has damage just FARM and HARASS.