Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Akali or Diana?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LSA

10-20-2012

Which one is better on Dominion? I've only seen Akali on Dominion once, and she completely stomped the other team, it was ridiculous, yet I hear Akali is underpowered and not worth getting at the moment. I've seen a few Diana's, and they did meh, but Diana looks really fun.

Chardman

10-20-2012

Diana, much more solid champ

FDru

10-20-2012

Diana is OP and takes no skill, just get the right build and autoattack for retarded passive damage while being impossible to kill. Akali is a bit underpowered, and Sweeper is too easy of a counter.

Infirc

10-20-2012

Quote:
FDru:
Diana is OP and takes no skill, just get the right build and autoattack for retarded passive damage while being impossible to kill. Akali is a bit underpowered, and Sweeper is too easy of a counter.

Teemo, she might be Op but Teemo just screws over her

xsvunknown

10-22-2012

Diana's kit brings a little more to the fight and to me can be easier to play. I would definitely play the Diana for the power, but both are fun.

lbgsloan

10-22-2012

Diana is a shameless Akali replacement, much like many releases as of late being updated 6300 rereleases of older champions. Her Q and W and both clearly better (and her W isn't totally negated by sweeper), and doesn't need a specialized rune page and itemization to not suck. Don't waste IP on Akali until Riot decides to do something with her.

Hamm3rhand

10-22-2012

akali really benefits from having an rune page/mastery page of her own to get both her passives active at the start, so its a bit more of an investment. (tho i've been recently hearing of an ad akali build that is supposed to be very good? i'm going to be testing this in the coming weeks). she can be an extremely strong pubstomper, but it depends on the elo - if you are lower elo and no one ever buys sweeper, then so for it, but if not then shes not quite as good. i'd say diana is probably in a bit better of a place right now, but they are both viable and fun.

AbsolutePK

10-22-2012

Diana.

NavyGothic

10-22-2012

Akali is quite viable, but Diana is pretty clearly heads and shoulders above her. She's just as good at playing assassin, and has the massive advantage of a powerful ranged AOE nuke for harrassing.

AndersMMO

10-22-2012

Diana.

This coming from someone who plays in high elo and DDs, Diana is almost exclusively better. As soon as you reach an elo of relative height, whenever you play akali you can expect an early game Sweeper or lightbringer, and the subsequent end of any efficacy you could've had.

Diana on the other hand will almost always be a nuisance well into the late game assuming you build her correctly.