10 Bizarre League of Legends Strategies that Break the Meta

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dpaladinx

11-07-2012

I did some crazy metagame breaking before. Some of which includes AD Kennen and AS carry Lulu with Zeke's Herald.

Yoda the Great

11-07-2012

Some of the posts on here sicken me. Its not a novel, its a slideshow article and the videos pretty much speak for themselves. It doesn't require Shakespearean captions on each page... Tons of people are just ripping the author. I enjoyed the compilation, it *did* have humor, and each one does pretty much break the normal meta. The article doesn’t say “New things nobody has tried before to break the meta”, it says “Bizarre League of Legends Strategies that Break the Meta”.

Well done, good compilation of neat videos, and keep it up.

ryzeonline

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ormast View Post
My fave is running amumu mid. HE is crazy when it comes to that. I have done that a couple of times and people don't know how to take it. but you do last a lot longer as a tank mid then anywhere else.

HahAhaha... that sounds so fun, Ormast, I love it!

Have you seen Froggen's Lee Sin mid? Absolute domination during some games at Fall MLG

P.S> I agree with Yoda The Great

ryzeonline

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dpaladinx View Post
I did some crazy metagame breaking before. Some of which includes AD Kennen and AS carry Lulu with Zeke's Herald.
AS Lulu? Got a vid? That sounds like a fun watch

Etherimp

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda the Great View Post
Some of the posts on here sicken me. Its not a novel, its a slideshow article and the videos pretty much speak for themselves. It doesn't require Shakespearean captions on each page... Tons of people are just ripping the author. I enjoyed the compilation, it *did* have humor, and each one does pretty much break the normal meta. The article doesn’t say “New things nobody has tried before to break the meta”, it says “Bizarre League of Legends Strategies that Break the Meta”.

The "writer" describes herself as a "writer" and it's an Article.

The article presents itself as "10 bizarre LOL strategies that Break the Meta".

The article does not deliver the topic it promises.

The writing is amateurish.

If the title had been "Some funny videos I found", then nobody would flame her.

FidoMushu

11-08-2012

Thanks for the article, OP. Those are entertaining slide-shows to look at. And they got me curious enough to want to see the videos when I have the time later tonight. If you haven't brought this article to my attention, I would probably never realized they exist.

One suggestion to improve the article is to also describe the video content and analyze each of the strategies on whether it's possible to succeed or where they fail at BREAKING the meta. That would certainly provide more value to all readers.

melanie0o

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FidoMushu View Post
Thanks for the article, OP. Those are entertaining slide-shows to look at. And they got me curious enough to want to see the videos when I have the time later tonight. If you haven't brought this article to my attention, I would probably never realized they exist.

One suggestion to improve the article is to also describe the video content and analyze each of the strategies on whether it's possible to succeed or where they fail at BREAKING the meta. That would certainly provide more value to all readers.
That's an awesome idea, thank you

melanie0o

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaerellG View Post
Sorry to heap more criticism on, but this is a pet-peeve/nit-pick of mine

I recommend you look up the difference between Strategy and Strategem. The words being so similar, a lot people misuse one for the other.
All right, I'll research it. Thank you.

melanie0o

12-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda the Great View Post

I appreciate your comment so much. I am supposed to use light, entertaining language for the articles on this website despite being more practiced at academic essays. It's difficult to take some of the more critical comments on this thread constructively.

One guy said that "It reads like a last minute essay" and honestly, I would spend a lot more time writing an essay at the last minute than I did writing this article. And I don't necessarily feel ashamed of that because, as you said, it's a slideshow article. It's just for entertainment.

Anyway, thanks for backing me up.

Cheap0

12-18-2012

Hard to take an article seriously that advocates baiting other people into queue dodging.