Question about S3 Rewards

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cash

10-20-2012

Basically, I have a question about the rewards you get if you achieve a certain ELO before the 23rd of october.

In order to get the Free Janna skin, it states that you need to be part of a gold Elo 5s or 3s team or Solo queue.

I was wondering if I joined a team that already has gold but dont play any games with them, will I still get the rewards?

I've been told that you need to play atleast 5 games with the team to receive them.
But I've also been told that you don't need to.

Can anybody confirm this with a link or a Riot Post?
Thanks.

Buk Wild

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-20-2012

you need to WIN 5 games on a team to qualify for their rewards

You can't just join a team, lose 5 games and get the rewards.

Mr JohnnyFive

10-20-2012

If you join your ranked team before September 1st, 2012 and your team already have gold, then you automatically get Gold without playing 5 ranked games.

If you join your ranked team after September 1st, then you need to WIN 5 ranked games to get your ranked team's reward (bronze,silver,gold,platinum, and diamond).

If your team have gold on 3v3 elo rating and bronze on 5v5 team and you play and win 5 ranked games on 5v5 then you still don't get gold from 3v3. You have to play and win 5 ranked games on 3v3 to get your team elo reward.

Hope it is clear.
I got these information from RIOT support's email.