So a Nidalee rework?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LEEROY JEEENKINS

10-20-2012

We already know she's one of the next few champions to get a visual upgrade, but I'm also curious if we could get a skill rework. Her damage right now is broken in that it's either unreliable and never works, or hits way too hard. Plus, she has little teamfight presence and fails to do anything but steal kills as a support. Could we get perhaps something to make her less aggravating for people to lane against, while making her less of a liability to bring into a ranked match for the team that has her?

Just my two cents.

LEEROY JEEENKINS

10-20-2012

Honest bump for honest opinion

Tomukai

10-20-2012

Give her Javelin a AD ratio
make her Q in cougar scale with AP as well as AD.
Boom, viability.

Heavenly Jew

10-20-2012

I think she's balanced. Her poke is one of the strongest out of all the champions, she has super mobility, and great sustain. Whenever I face one, if she is doing well, she's either very tanky or hits like the meteor that killed all the dinosaurs.

LEEROY JEEENKINS

10-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavenly Jew View Post
I think she's balanced. Her poke is one of the strongest out of all the champions, she has super mobility, and great sustain. Whenever I face one, if she is doing well, she's either very tanky or hits like the meteor that killed all the dinosaurs.
Lol I definitely like the comparison you made there. I lol'd pretty hard.

Indeed, she definitely does have the strongest poke of any support, however it's only if she hits. I can understand the idea that balanced can be construed as if a champion is a hit or miss champion, but imo it's more so the idea that the champion is reliable. Any time I see a Nidalee in ranked I have to hope to god they know what they're doing, because they're absolutely worthless outside of lane phase or in the jungle.

It's why Blitz is viable. He can hit or miss, but he still has some utility outside of missing his grabs, primarily his backup option of W + E then Q, or simply soaking damage for the carry. Nidalee, however, if she maxes up her Q first has no healing potential if she misses her spears, on the other hand if the heal is maxed out first, she can't do much damage with the spear due to it relying quite heavily on its base damage at lvls 4 - 5.

Plus, if she builds tanky she doesn't have much healing ability due to the low base heal, and not much burst due to the non-existent base damage on her Q in cat form and how poor the spear scales with a tanky build.

Dunno, she just seems lacking to me. I can appreciate where you're coming from, but she kinda needs some attention to be viable again.

lemonpartyfan0

10-20-2012

I don't see how can you call her both "aggravating" if she is on the other team, but if she is on your team she is a "liability" ... makes no sense at all...

Myrmidont

10-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by **********fan0 View Post
I don't see how can you call her both "aggravating" if she is on the other team, but if she is on your team she is a "liability" ... makes no sense at all...
Teemo

LEEROY JEEENKINS

10-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by **********fan0 View Post

Well it's because her spear hits very hard if you don't dodge it, so you're consistently having to dodge them while last hitting and keeping map awareness, which is the same reason Blitz is usually banned. Plus, since the enemy team is usually able to dodge her spears, she's a liability because she hardly hits them.

That's how she can be aggravating and a liability at the same time. She's really the definition of anti-fun because of it. I have to admit, I'm never having a good time when I have to dodge sensory overload's spears.

LEEROY JEEENKINS

10-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomukai View Post
Give her Javelin a AD ratio
make her Q in cougar scale with AP as well as AD.
Boom, viability.

Well, the only problem is that that wouldn't really fix the problem. Yes, it would make her powerful, but giving the spear more damage isn't going to really fix the fact it's still unreliable damage.

Sleeper Cell

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-20-2012

These changes might help:
1)Make Javelin Toss slightly curve towards targets revealed by Bushwhack. (I know what you're thinking, "homing spears **** NO", calm down there tiger, obviously damage needs a tweak if this happens and it does rely on enemies being hit by traps.)
2)Reduce the ap ratio on Javelin Toss and increase the ap ratio on Bushwhack.
3)Increase the mininum damage on Javelin Toss and reduce the maximum, its just unnecessarily huge lol. (point blank shots).
4)Increase the projectile speed of Javelin Toss if used from brush.
5)Make Pounce jump towards the cursor instead of wherever Nidalee is facing.
6)Make Swipe attack in the direction of the cursor instead of wherever Nidalee is facing.

I don't think a full rework is needed, just some tweaks. I play Nidalee a bit and sometimes, yeah, it is hard to actually deal any damage at all to enemies (at least with AP Nidalee, Tanky DPS Nidalee wrecks faces if fed). But that's the whole point of Javelin Toss I guess. I'm not saying all of these need to happen. All or none of them can happen I don't care, Riot knows what they're doing. But I really think 5 and 6 need to happen.