Hippalus...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Byrnes

10-20-2012

Hippalus and the community,

Honestly man, at this point I hope you're still holding up well. I have been following your posts over the past month or so and am very pleased with what you have brought both to Riot and the LoL community. It is hard to NOT notice the amount of time and effort you have put in to everything you have done. We all appreciate what you have been doing, even if it seems like the majority of our community doesnt.

As for the community: what is your problem guys? Why are you all freaking out over these icons and skins? Riot is giving us new stuff to enjoy. If you dont want to pay for it (or get free stuff through paying for stuff), then don't. NO ONE IS FORCING YOU TO. Or forcing you to enjoy this STILL free game. Even if Hippalus was to blame for things that you perceive to be negative...he does not deserve the treatment ANY OF YOU are giving him.

EDIT: downvotes for trying to praise a Riot while backhanding our obnoxious community? Should've figured as much.

Kyrie Friegraf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-20-2012

Look, cliche attacks on the community.

Yes, we respect Hippalus for his endeavors, and still want to ***** slap him for the renting thing

Yuneia

10-20-2012

This game isn't "FREE" as you say.
You have to spend IP or even RP to play the game.
If you even want a skin you have to purchase RP which is what "pays" for the game.

Byrnes

10-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuneia View Post
If you even want a skin you have to purchase RP which is what "pays" for the game.
You're confusing a few concepts on this one, I think. First off the obvious mistake: skins dont affect your ability to play. If they do, I have bad news for you. Second off, IP you earn by playing. And how you play is by playing....for free. Yeah, you have to EARN IP. But if you don't have a decent champion selection and rune set by level 30 you've done something very wrong.

Byrnes

10-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorchXBanister View Post
Look, cliche attacks on the community.

Yes, we respect Hippalus for his endeavors, and still want to ***** slap him for the renting thing
Slap him all you want, you can't blame me for wanting to make a positive Hippalus post. I see next to no one praising him. I don't want our community to have a negative impact on his work ethic....kind of hard to keep creating content for a group of people who only give you hell for weeks straight.

The guy deserves something for his efforts!

Koronis

10-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeIron54 View Post
Slap him all you want, you can't blame me for wanting to make a positive Hippalus post. I see next to no one praising him. I don't want our community to have a negative impact on his work ethic....kind of hard to keep creating content for a group of people who only give you hell for weeks straight.

Create content ?

Rofl

Byrnes

10-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koronis View Post
Create content ?

Rofl
Idk, I am typing rather quickly as I am trying to pack up and leave at the moment. The decisions he has made and the things he has pulled for, for the community, is what I speak of.

Look, regardless of all else (and whatever foolish things come out of my mouth) the point still needs to be made that:
  • Hippalus has already done quite a bit for us
  • Not many have shown any appreciation for his work
  • And the community needs to chill a bit

Jesodoth

10-20-2012

The only issue I have with Hippalus, is that he lied. He stated that this whole 'limited use ward skin' thing, was just a harmless experiment. And, that his or her hopes were that we as the community would buy a few, and if we liked it, we'd continue down this road. But, the issue is, why are we allowed to buy these ward skins in huge bulk, unless they knew there might be a good market for it.

They tried out a new market ploy and it failed. This is fine, Riot needs to stay in business, but don't lie about it.

As far as praise goes.. I praise all Riot employees, they all do a good job. I like some more than others, but they are all there doing what I consider for the most part a good job.

Kyrie Friegraf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-20-2012

Quote:
Idk, I am typing rather quickly as I am trying to pack up and leave at the moment.
Cliche AND unprepared

You were really asking for it
Quote:

Nobody praising him?
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...08298#29608298
I like him. I can still be frustrated with him.

Plus Hippalus doesn't create content, he sells it.

Red Trainer

10-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuneia View Post
Wait, so you want someone to make a game where every single thing is free? Do you know how many ****ing ads would be in this game just to pay for the server it runs on? Riot has to make money too, they have people working for them, their employees need to get paid good money and what for? Because they're constantly trying to better the community, and their own job description.

Hippalus doesn't deserve any ****ing negative talk even breezing toward his face. There is no reason to dislike this FREE game that has an update every two weeks or less. Please. this community needs to get their finger out of their butt, sniff it, and smell the **** that they are being toward Riot right now.