Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

My Account Has Been Hacked. Don't Accept "my" Free Rp!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DG TheFeedski

Recruiter

10-20-2012

SuperQuackDuck

10-20-2012

The joys of fame...

Risemix

10-20-2012

Dude, why would you give anyone your password?

Rebel Dragon

10-20-2012

Quote:
Risemix:

I'm guessing he didn't

Orphane

10-20-2012

Usually it starts with a keylogger or something, *then* the person who takes over the account starts asking people for passwords. Considering Feedski runs DD and communicates with Riot in regards to setting up the prizes and whatnot, it's just thin enough of a link to work.

DG TheFeedski

Recruiter

10-20-2012

Quote:
Risemix:

I didn't. And my virus scanner isn't picking anything up.

Only thing that comes to mind was the Skype conversation I was having with missmiarose shortly before it happened. Or, maybe it wasn't her... I was telling her someone had her account info, then I got a message from her account on League a couple minutes later asking if I wanted free RP, I told "her" to piss off and then 5 minutes later my account password changed. I didn't accept any Skype files or anything, though, so I don't know how it happened.

Sazdek

10-20-2012

You need a spyware and malware scanner as well to check for all manner of trojans that standard anti virus doesn't pick up. Might also require a deep root scan.

Tempestphile

10-20-2012

its unlike related to skype incident, unless there is a background process already implemented in your computer which allowed remote access when you two chat on skype (possibly from a previous file transfer instance)

What virus scanner are you using

Use house call online (the one that's not hosted on your computer), then use malware scanner, and do a registry scan and a process checker (check for process and sub process being run, could be related to a virus)

Any process you pick up that's weird, do a google search on it, you might need specfic ware to clean it out

Hamm3rhand

10-20-2012

heck if you don't have anything stored on that comp that isn't backed up,just do a clean wipe and reinstall. best way to get rid of viruses, especially with some nowadays that realize you are trying to clean them off and move around. otherwise do what tempest said. hope you get your account back soon!

Sauron

10-20-2012

Beep boop Blitzcrank uses Flowchart and infects all bottom laners with the MMKH virus. Your first bluescreen is imminent.

But on topic, I'm going to take a wild guess and say they got into your account a second time by accessing an email recovery somewhere.