Hybrid Armor

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

raynac

10-20-2012

Hello Item Discussion, I see we have alot of threads about hybrid penetration and Hybrid damage. What about more Hybrid armor options?

Currently the only one I know of is Guardian angel. and yes, this is a very good item and it works well on alot of champs... but not everyone.

You see Ive run into the problem multiple times where its near end game and I have most of the main items for my caster, but the enemy teams damage has gotten a bit high for my liking and I want to build defensive. however, they have about even magic and physical damage output.

I look at Guardian angel and think wouldnt it be nice to have this item with slightly higher stats and no return from the dead, because lets face it, on a caster like Annie or ryze, when you come back from the dead with only a couple hundred mana, there is not much you can do.

Quote:
for the sake of discussion lets say the caster situation is just an example.

what do people think about a hybrid piece of armor on its own? It could make life easier for tanks
want to see what general discussion thinks of the idea? look here, and maybe bumb
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...3#post30451823

Besides riot likes to give players build options, no?

raynac

10-20-2012

There is some great discussion in the general discussion link, come on item discussion, this is supposed to be your guys forte join in

Kagami

10-20-2012

Any AP caster can make good use of Guardian angel (arguably anyone besides supports and select junglers can) and Ryze can just build banish veil and Frozen heart and be super tanky DPS anyways...

Vuther

10-20-2012

Intentional as getting both at once is very powerful.

Against a team of mostly physical damage, a Chain Vest and an upgrade for it strongly troubles them.

For a different team made of magic damage, a Negatron Cloak and its upgrades does the same.

Now against a balanced team that you should naturally strive for to avoid such problems, choosing one of those and upgrading them makes you lose out against the other half of the enemy team. To be able to avoid this problem would make building durability too easy and powerful for most of the game.

Also Guardian Angel is kinda broken so... bad example. (You can still get it)