Draft Mode, I think it needs an update.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Scroticor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-20-2012

I wasn't really sure which section to put this under, but I'll try to keep this short. Now that the League has more than one hundred champions, and that there are at least five or six that can fulfill a role, I think Draft mode requires an update for banning. I'm not asking for ten or fifteen bans for each team, more like double the current number.

There are several champs that have no hard counter, and with the large amount of champs that are strong against a single champion, it is far too easy to counter-pick. With more bans, it allows teams to split up specific compositions, and prevent teams from having too much CC, or being too beefy, or having so much power for initiating, etc. With a total of twelve bans, there are still plenty of champions to choose from now that we have so many, and you could always increase the requisite number of champions to play draft mode to make up for the increased number of bans.

I stopped playing Ranked and Normal Draft a long time ago, because you could only ban so many champions, and if your teammates wouldn't help insure that the enemy team couldn't end up with a super team for late game, you pretty much got screwed. When I tried to pick it back up in season 2, I didn't even play more than a couple games. My teammates would always ban champions that they didn't like to play against, rather than ones that were extremely strong, and then certain champions that break the game would be chosen by the other team.

I could go on and on, but I don't think it is necessary. I just ask that you please help some of us out, give us a little more wiggle room, so that you can make your game more fun for other parts of your community.

MaximusEvil

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-20-2012

6 bans are good enough for me. I exclusively play draft norms, just to prepare myslef for ranked games.

General bans are
-amumu
-shen
-morgana
-kassadin
-alistar
-rengar
-jayce
-blitzcrank
-sona
-ez
-malphite

If any of these champions are being banned, then the current meta of banning( I use this statement losely) is goin fine. I find that people are more intrested in banning the hard initiators, then anyone else nowadays, which is fine by me.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

10-20-2012

Riot has commented on this numerous times. Go to general discussion. Use the search feature.

King Lettuce

10-20-2012

Bump

PogoPogoPogoPogo

10-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eye of Ğestiny View Post
Bump
Not sure why you felt the need to bump this.

1) It was on the first page.
2) It's an issue Riot has already addressed:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PogoPogoPogoPogo View Post
Riot has commented on this numerous times. Go to general discussion. Use the search feature.

FedEXpider

10-20-2012

DotA's new ban system is pretty legit. I wonder how RIOT will counter.