Lag spike at the begining

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheZeroFaReal

10-02-2010

My latest game on 10-2-10, I had 1 fps at the very beginning of the game and it slowly raised to 40. Still unstable

hottsoup

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-02-2010

A/B case for mac vs PC, Mac has a lag spike that lasts for 4-6 seconds right as she says "welcome to summoners rift" PC version does not.

Its not really a big issue, slightly annoying, and reduces your ability to buy and get somewhere quickly, but it doesn't effect overall gameplay in the slightest.

if you play shaco, you MIGHT get one less JitB off... maybe.

but yeah, its just something that happens on mac client, and not pc client, and for me it is every match.

Icettiflow

10-02-2010

Yes this occurs on OSX but not on Boocamp with Vista. ugh...vista...

Biebernat0r

10-02-2010

I'm getting 60 FPS all the way through the game besides those first seconds. Everyone else, it's probably your graphics card that gives you a lower FPS. Compared to Parallels Desktop 6, the mac client is far better.

LerielF

10-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by hottsoup View Post
A/B case for mac vs PC, Mac has a lag spike that lasts for 4-6 seconds right as she says "welcome to summoners rift" PC version does not.

Its not really a big issue, slightly annoying, and reduces your ability to buy and get somewhere quickly, but it doesn't effect overall gameplay in the slightest.

if you play shaco, you MIGHT get one less JitB off... maybe.

but yeah, its just something that happens on mac client, and not pc client, and for me it is every match.
Same here, i get this initial freeze on mac and don't get it on bootcamp.

Early 2008 MBP snow leopard, 2gb ram, graphics 8600M 256MB

Miraje182

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-05-2010

Its fine here for me. And it was fine on my pc side too.

ichi the killer

10-05-2010

It seems a bit laggy too.

When I play on the Mac side, I run at 40-55 FPS. 60 FPS is I stand still for couple of seconds. Graphics are awesome but it's a bit laggy.

With the same settings, on the PC side, I run smoothly at 60 FPS.