PETITION: Make Headless Hec and Haunted Maokai HARROWING skins

1234511 ... 18
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FrankyCentaur

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-20-2012

Over the past half a day, it's become extremely obvious that everyone here feels that Headless Hecarim and Haunted Maokai belong as Harrowing skins.

Each year, Riot releases Harrowing skins, but this year, if no changes are made, we're only getting 3- and two of those three are a pirate and a teacher. There really isn't a huge amount to say- Sleepy Hollow is a legendary Halloween tale, thus, a skin modeled after it should be a Halloween skin. Haunted Moakai is literally a graveyard.

We already have a plethora of pirate skins, for champions such as Tristana, Fiddlesticks, Katarina, Rumble, etc- and NONE of these are Harrowing skins- why start now?
Teacher Fiora is akin to something like Nurse Akali. With that logic, why isn't Nurse Akali a Halloween skin?

End, Headless Hecarim and Haunted Maokai should, and need to be, Harrowing skins. Please keep this bumped so Riot sees this and can make sense of it.

Krassith

10-20-2012

I thought the same thing, very strange choice of harrowing / shadow isles

Echorion

10-20-2012

You left out Underworld Twisted fate, but otherwise YES!

I agree with Hip and the community about who should be legacy and who shouldn't in terms of Harrowing and Non Harrowing. But Riot already decided who was what.

And please take "the Shadow Aisles" out of the equation, 2 of them are not even from there!

The headless Horseman is a Halloween story, WE WANT HALLOWEEN SKINS.

Basically we only get one limited harrowing skin this Year. ONE. Brand. The others are only limited because they probably think they won't sell as well if they aren't.

If we don't stand up for Riot to change it, next year we might not even have any at all...

Iudex Umbra

10-20-2012

I disagree, for the reason they would become legacy, and be locked away with the others until a unknown date in the future.

Rocket Cow 2

10-20-2012

I don't think they will change it now, they are half braindead when it comes to communication

FrankyCentaur

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iudex Umbra View Post
I disagree, for the reason they would become legacy, and be locked away with the others until a unknown date in the future.
It's not about that anymore- it's the labeling Riot is using, which doesn't make sense.

Honestly, I'm scared that we're going to get FireGirl Katarina and Pirate Tryndamere for Snowdown Showdown (Christmas) this year.

pro4never

10-20-2012

It makes virtually no difference.

#1: We already have 3 harrowing skins
The whole "they don't fit with harrowing/halloween" is bull****. They are common costume archtypes (mundo mundo, kitty katarina, definitely not blitz, etcetc)

#2: The skins for the new Twisted treeline fit with the environment VERY well. Why not leave skins that
Fit incredibly well in the environment available for new players?
Shadow Isles may as well be called Harrowing-ville so again it all boils down to thematic relevance.

Basically people are just all pissy because they want to be a unique snowflake that only a few (many) thousand people own.

Zombie ryze is epic
Headmaster Fiora is good (it's likely they were still going to be adding new sound effects. If not it's kinda 'meh' though.)
Pirate Ryze is kinda meh but some people will like him still.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankyCentaur View Post
It's not about that anymore- it's the labeling Riot is using, which doesn't make sense.

Honestly, I'm scared that we're going to get FireGirl Katarina and Pirate Tryndamere for Snowdown Showdown (Christmas) this year.

Pirate and Teacher costumes are incredibly popular, long standing halloween costumes. Please stop with this ****.

Last year we had nocturn dressed as a ghost and blitz in a fake mustache so it's not like this is anything new (kitty kat katarina and mundo mundo the year before)

Velcro Raptor

10-20-2012

/Singed

Echorion

10-20-2012

My biggest issue is Headless Horseman Hecarim tbh, I can kinda work with everything else, but how on earth is a Halloween character not Harrowing? He is in costume too when you think about it. It fits in every damn aspect, the fact they are doing this practically gives me a headache. I was excited about this patch at first, now I'm depressed about it.

Iudex Umbra

10-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankyCentaur View Post

While I agree with the premise that a skin does't resemble the Shadow Isles (hec, wth?), and the Fiora skin is very akin to nurse Akali, putting them (the shadow isles skins) in the Harrowing lineup still means they will be locked away.

I remember not being able to get candy cane MF (< QQ), Kitty Kat, or Silent night Sona. I'm not going to to that to others. Despite them being in the seemingly wrong categories, I have to disagree.

1234511 ... 18