Victorious Janna Skin is Not Cool

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

aceofjests

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-20-2012

When I say not cool, I'm not saying that her skin isn't amazing. It's gorgeous, really. But what I have issues with is how that skin will be distributed. A lot of people already know and agree with the fact that the elo system is highly flawed. I know people who definitely belong in the gold ranks, but can't get past elo hell.

What makes the season 2 Janna skin reward not cool, is that people who deserve to achieve at least a gold elo (1500+) cannot get there because of elo hell. Not only that, but with the skin reward, players who have already reached a max 1500+ elo and fell below that rank no longer care as much. They achieved their gold status, and it's the max elo that counts, so they do not try as hard as the people who are actually playing to raise their elo. As a result, these people get matched with others who troll, who don't care, and don't try as hard. And seeing as how the elo system only takes into account your win:loss ratio, if you continue to get teamed with these sorts of people, the system builds more 'confidence' in thinking that you belong at this rank when that isn't true.

Overall, I find the rewards system at the end of season 2 to be a really silly idea. The idea of giving out rewards for people who achieve certain elo's is a nice concept, but not when the system is clearly flawed to the point where people can't get to the elo they really deserve because of bad team match ups and trolling teammates. Skilled LoL players deserve better than to be dragged down by jerks and elo trolls who think they know it all.

(Note: I am not saying this for myself. I am saying this on behalf of the many players I know who are facing this 'unlucky run' of team matchups, and clearly deserve better.)

UnblestDevotee

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-20-2012

Any one can make it out of Elo Hell. Personally I haven't but I realized I'm just not good enough yet. If you actually check out the players who made it out most of them learned how to carry teams that don't do so well. Yes you may have a few players that got lucky and had good teammates. But mostly everyone had to go through a time with horrible teammates. It just takes the right gumption to make it through.

aceofjests

10-20-2012

I used to believe that too. But time after time, I've seen people with 1600-1700 elos play terribly. And then I see people I know who have been struggling with elo hell for the past several months. And I do not understand how the elo rankings can be so wrong.

Sephïroth

10-20-2012

Just because you're frustrated with your play you cannot take it out on Riot. The Elo system works, if you don't believe it then you haven't played enough games.

Even if you win your lane EVERY game(Which I highly doubt), its not all about your lane phase. This is a team game, and learning how to protect bad players, deal with bad attitudes, be the leader, and using every little advantage you can take in the game is how you get out.

Elo Hell exists. The problem is it is at every elo. Sometimes you just get a team with people above their Elo while the other team is above their elo.

The only thing that I could argue is wrong with the Elo system is the time it takes. It roughly takes around 100 ranked games to get your elo about right.

Shacó Only

10-20-2012

ELO HELL DOESNT EXIST LOL check this account out pure example

Nishaven90

10-21-2012

" people who deserve to achieve at least a gold elo (1500+) cannot get there because of elo hell"

Really? If you deserve gold elo you can easily get it.

Even people at 1500 elo still do basic mistakes such as overextending, not last hitting, no wards.

iTziLLiRL

10-21-2012

There is no ELO hell... you just need to carry yourself out. *NOT BRAGGING KIDS* but I've got around 5 accounts to 1500-1822 elo from 830-1k elo when I began playing on them. getting to gold isn't a big deal you just need to get the experience untill you're confident enough to carry your WHOLE entire team.

The only problem I see with these skins for reaching a certain elo is the champ! like jarvan in S1.. really how often do you see jarvan. You'll see orianna,ahri,olaf,Rengar.. etc all the more common champs get no love but these trashy champs that are rarely played(lolking.net will tell you % of games) watch i bet season 3 reward will be a tryn skin(played in like 2% of all ranked games! ROFL with trash for winning ratio)

Venova

10-22-2012

suddenly everyone remembers that no one plays janna anymore

Zane Asylum

11-05-2012

LOL there is no such thing as ELO hell. Either you are good, or you are not. The scrubs who THINK they are good (but in fact are not) and cant get a gold rank, just invented the concept as an excuse (because thats what scrubs do). I wanted the skin, so I played 17 solo qeue ranked games this season. I got 1561 ELO gold rank with 13 wins and 4 losses (won 9/10 games as an adc). Took me a whole day to get gold. Then I got bored and went back to normals.