Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

What is your stance on flashing over the wall to quickly destroy the enemy nexus?

I believe it should be removed from the game. 18 20.45%
I find it distasteful, but also to be a valid tactic. 19 21.59%
It's there and I don't care one way or the other. 7 7.95%
I find it a valid move, and don't see what the problem is. 41 46.59%
I think it's very necessary and support it's usage in any way. 20 22.73%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters 88 .

Is this a generally accepted strategy, or generally disliked?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XxChrystarxX

10-20-2012

Quote:
MaximusEvil:
I find Tryndamere, Master Yi, and Shaco very good at this backdoor stragety, and can be countered by simply warding both brushes outside of bases, and one just outside the jungle choke point by your nexus wall. I've had numerous Tryns/Yis/Shacos try this, yet none are very successfull with a bit of proper warding, and planning.

I could see how this is possible with Yi and Shaco. Shaco is squishy, even with massive damage, and Yi has no way to escape once he is in your base attacking that nexus. But Tryndamere's ult makes him unkillable, which makes stopping him a very arduous task.

Trakzful

10-20-2012

So if you had a ward and noticed him and if you were building correctly vs a trynd/most TT champions (Randuin's Omen) you could literally stop him from ult killing a tower with a single attackspeed debuff or crowd control

You could have stopped the situation with a single person if you play correctly

Adaptation, This is what separates good players from bad players. Bad players will find an excuse for how they lost and focus on it and proceed to perform mental gymnastics to justify how it was the sole cause of a loss. Good players, instead, will solely focus on their performance (or lack of) and strive to improve. After all, the only thing you could have altered in the situation you are describing is your own playstyle, so that is what you must look to for the cause of your loss and where you must look to improve.

TL;DR The second you blame something other than yourself is the second you stop learning from experiences and adapting, if you just blame something else and play the same you will never improve.

XxChrystarxX

10-20-2012

Quote:
Trakzful:
So if you had a ward and noticed him and if you were building correctly vs a trynd/most TT champions (Randuin's Omen) you could literally stop him from ult killing a tower with a single attackspeed debuff or crowd control

You could have stopped the situation with a single person if you play correctly

Adaptation, This is what separates good players from bad players. Bad players will find an excuse for how they lost and focus on it and proceed to perform mental gymnastics to justify how it was the sole cause of a loss. Good players, instead, will solely focus on their performance (or lack of) and strive to improve. After all, the only thing you could have altered in the situation you are describing is your own playstyle, so that is what you must look to for the cause of your loss and where you must look to improve.

TL;DR The second you blame something other than yourself is the second you stop learning from experiences and adapting, if you just blame something else and play the same you will never improve.

This is not about improving my play ability. This is about a technique used in this game that requires one team to have complete control, where the other can walk around willy nilly and still win. All they need to do is take out all your turrets, 1 inhibitor, and whether or not you've done the same to them, they can faceroll you for leaving your base to do anything. This is not me justifying my loss. This is me looking at a specific event and realizing that it is completely NOT based on skill. This is a game that is supposed to reward skill, and not reward some guy who got 15 kills, got his build done and just walked in and ended it, and even if someone had tried to stop him, it would have been fruitless as he can't be killed thanks to his ultimate. That's not skill.

MaximusEvil

10-20-2012

I agree Tryhards are a huge nuisance in TT, but by picking somebody with CC (Naut does this best as all of his moves are CC) you can easily stop a tryhard from obilerating, and potentially nexus diving.

IMO you'll always need one of the following on your team to make sure he cant do this cho/lee/naut/amumu/blitzcrank(One of my personal favorites and you can pull him into spawn cannon)

Trakzful

10-20-2012

Quote:
XxChrystarxX:
All they need to do is take out all your turrets

You do understand the entire point of the game is to destroy the nexus?

Why are you not trying to do the same thing, even if they take yours first you ward so you can safely leave your base and you pursue objectives with caution. If the map looks dark and you have no information on the enemy, you are losing.

EVERY SINGLE POST you make is screaming to me that you aren't playing correctly, literally every description of your game is making me facepalm because I know for a fact that you aren't playing correctly and just got outplayed.

I'm done posting in this thread, some people are too prideful to ever admit misplays or to ever improve.

Hopefully you'll eventually learn.

WillWW

10-20-2012

I think it's a legitimate strategy, and it doesnt bother me when people do it. If the game is about taking out the nexus, why not do it to finish games instead of trying to ace a team and risk getting aced.

And also, your post wasnt just that one quote. You complain about those who do it and you insult them. If you were just asking a question, you could have left all that other unnecessary stuff out.

Hi Guys Danger

10-20-2012

You don't realize this is your fault.. it is "blockable" but you guys did not guard the base while your inhibs were down. They weren't you say?? Did you ward to watch the enemy while your teammates pushed? No again? Then if the three other people were pushing your inhibs and turretless nexus, then they would have gotten past you without wall hopping because your team didn't have map awareness.

TanakaPunie

10-20-2012

Ward next time.

fiddlesticksssss

10-20-2012

I hate it when it happens to me, but i keep my opinion to myself. Vice versa i do it anytime i know i can finish off the nexus. However new TT solves this issue and will now be called dominion 3v3.

Mober6

10-21-2012

and that is why riot gave people hard cc and exaust