What's with the long queues on dodges?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Firephly

10-19-2012

I understand dodging is bad and shouldn't be done but sometimes you have to dodge so what's with the long queues? For example, I was just in game where no one picked a jungle or an AD carry. We had no chance against the enemy team especially because they were making picks that complete dominate solo queue. There was lack of communication and I felt like my team was just picking who they wanted to play and wasn't taking into consideration the formation of a proper team. So as a result I was forced to dodge the queue because no one else would. I shouldn't be punished by having to wait for a half hour to play another game. I understand 5-10 minutes but a half hour is just overkill, especially in that situation. There needs to be some kind of better way to punish dodgers who do it on purpose. After consecutive dodges in a short amount of time that's when they should be punished with a time limit. Not just one simple dodge.

ExiledTyrant

10-19-2012

oh god forbid your team picks champions they want to play

Sego Senpai

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-19-2012

Its so people don't abuse the system. Riot's pretty much all about not abusing their systems which allows for things like 4v5s to go unsolved.

Kaolla

10-19-2012

the ONLY acceptable reason to dodge is "oh i just realized i don't have time to play a game and i'm already in champ select"

which is why a 30 minute delay should not matter

every other instance of queue dodging is NOT an acceptable reason. i don't care if your team comp is ezreal, lulu, karma, sona, taric. you play the hand you're dealt

Attachment 544446
Worre's Forum Enhancer Kit

SmokingPuffin

10-19-2012

I think a stiffer penalty for dodging would be better. I've gone stretches of 10 dodges in a row without getting to play, and man that is just not a fun 30 minutes.

Prometheius

10-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokingPuffin View Post
I think a stiffer penalty for dodging would be better. I've gone stretches of 10 dodges in a row without getting to play, and man that is just not a fun 30 minutes.
Maybe, just maybe, if you're getting people to dodge your team ten times, it's yours and the other three's faults instead of the lone sucker that gets dropped into your game.

ExiledTyrant

10-19-2012

or maybe people need to stop pretending like they know the outcome of every match that comes in front of them in ranked based on the pick screen. I swear we didn't have this problem years ago In between my LoL breaks I log on and the dodging gets worse. you used to just make a team and do what your supposed to. now people have to have everything laid out or it's a drop.

CourtOfMiracles

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-19-2012

So what you are saying is, everyone had picked a champion they liked and you didn't like the lineup. None of them wanted to dodge (possibly because they were happy playing with the two team comps) but you dodged, wasting everyone else's time. Bans and picks probably meant 9 people lost ~3 min each = 27 minutes.

Can you see why it might be fair that you get a "time out" penalty?