Nunu the Jungle Yeti: Early Game Ganking, Late Game Tanking

1234567 ... 11
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bigmantree

10-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebano View Post
The two things I think are missing from this guide are a sheen and CDR other than runes (unless you plan to keep the blue buff all game). An early sheen really makes ganking easy and late game it is constantly proccing as you toss snowballs everywhere.
I lol'd.

Telandra

10-01-2010

bump

Bigmantree

10-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaBucket View Post
Awesome build man, am gonna give it a go when servers come back up, has opened my eyes. Never tried jungle Nunu before but this build looks pretty solid, thanks.
Glad to introduce someone new to jungle Nunu

He's a lot of fun, especially if you can find a reliable friend to duo q with. Enjoy and good luck ^_^

Dwarfling

10-02-2010

I tried it and had success, even tho it was my first Nunu game in like 3 months. He's like easy mode gank, you don't need setup, just come out bloodboiled, ice blast, lizard hit, let the other guy do his thing. And in the jungle when I got intercepted it was alright, I had flash, but I didn't even have to use it, ice blast, bloodboil, gtfo.

I think however that you shouldn't be counting on Nunu as your only tank on the team because he's not as good initiator as the main tanks (Amumu, Shen, Galio, Rammus, etc). You don't want to be initiating a 5v5 with Absolute Zero unless you led them to a bush.

Telandra

10-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwarfling View Post

I think however that you shouldn't be counting on Nunu as your only tank on the team because he's not as good initiator as the main tanks (Amumu, Shen, Galio, Rammus, etc). You don't want to be initiating a 5v5 with Absolute Zero unless you led them to a bush.
With the 3carry/support/nunu setup, You let the ranged carries pick at them from a distance. heroes like Ashe, Miss Fortune, Ezreal, Kogmaw, etc, can pick from a distance with their ranged spells/auto attacks when neither team has initiated. Once their tanks initiate the carries back off a bit while nunu finds good positioning for his ult to at the very least eat 2 cc's, and a few summoner spells. The support (Janna seems the best pick, Sona possible but very squishy) keeps the initiator/s off the carries. If it's Janna she can ult to push the initiator away and shield the carry being focused ( or shield Nunu because most likely he will be taking a majority of the damage seeing as he should be the only champion in the middle of the enemies.

This is all just theorycraft, haven't actually tried it, and like most theorycraft, things almost always work out differently than you planned.

Bigmantree

10-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwarfling View Post
I tried it and had success, even tho it was my first Nunu game in like 3 months. He's like easy mode gank, you don't need setup, just come out bloodboiled, ice blast, lizard hit, let the other guy do his thing. And in the jungle when I got intercepted it was alright, I had flash, but I didn't even have to use it, ice blast, bloodboil, gtfo.

Glad you've had success with the guide Dwarfling. The only point I'd like to make is that Nunu is a great initiator if done right. The problem is that doing it right can be very very hard. The two things Nunu has in his favor are that he makes the enemy team panic (this manifests itself in them splitting up when they shouldn't, ignoring your allies, etc.) and he makes them blow all their CCs on him. This requires getting in the middle of most of their team though, which almost always requires a flash. Other tanks can largely be ignored after they initiate (rammus powerballs in, after that people have no reason to focus him but stupidity, etc.).

Telandra

10-03-2010

pmub

lolrape

10-03-2010

you all make me want to cry. this is 3 or so pages of team comp speculation, and no one has mentioned morgana. not only does she own on her own, black shield owns while you ulti, her ulti owns while you ulti, her snare owns while you ulti, the two were made for each other

Bigmantree

10-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolrape View Post
you all make me want to cry. this is 3 or so pages of team comp speculation, and no one has mentioned morgana. not only does she own on her own, black shield owns while you ulti, her ulti owns while you ulti, her snare owns while you ulti, the two were made for each other
Lol. Morgana is an obvious team comp inclusion for your average team comp with Nunu. This is speculation about a unique team comp. Or so I interpreted it :P

anyway with the frequency morgana gets banned nowadays (at least in games I play) it would be foolhardy to make a comp based around her :/

sbudeeG

10-03-2010

Why start at wraiths and not at the two fat *******s? easy level two. Shamefully easy.

1234567 ... 11