Nunu the Jungle Yeti: Early Game Ganking, Late Game Tanking

123456 ... 11
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bigmantree

09-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swat****let View Post
As a personal opinion, I disagree with starting out with boots, as if I get Amplifying tome I could golem at 1. This tends to get me a faster jungling as I have fast CD and more mana.
As Nunu I can do golem at level 1 without any items. Amplifying tome builds into nothing useful for a good tanking/jungling Nunu. Also, as I mentioned you don't need golem at level one with Nunu. Visionary takes care of your mana problems and consume cd is already low enough.

Boots help an insane amount with ganks, with lizard and iceblast noone will get away from you without the use of flash. Starting boots are essential to a good early game on this Nunu.

sharang3

09-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmantree View Post
Not to mention he's a Yeti (well okay, he's really a small child HUMPING a Yeti, but that doesn't sound anywhere near as cool).
Sounds even cooler.

Telandra

10-01-2010

I personally think Nunu would be best built with a group of 3 physical ranged carries, and Janna(preferred) or Shen

Lots of carries to bloodboil, Janna(or shen) to help protect them, Janna and nunu can both ult and soak up CC with their ults, along with keep the enemies off the ranged carries.

Bigmantree

10-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telandra View Post
I personally think Nunu would be best built with a group of 3 physical ranged carries, and Janna(preferred) or Shen

Lots of carries to bloodboil, Janna(or shen) to help protect them, Janna and nunu can both ult and soak up CC with their ults, along with keep the enemies off the ranged carries.
Yeah, I think a team comp like Twitch/Ashe/Ezreal/Janna/Nunu would be extremely viable. Janna could go more ap and between her and Nunu the opposing team would still have to worry about magic resistance. Both could protect the carries and if the enemy team rushed in you have two ults to break them up with. With cc magnets like Janna and Nunu there and the kitability Nunu's and Janna's slows provide it would be an amazingly annoying comp to go against. Not to mention Ashe's ult and volley slow.

MaBucket

10-01-2010

Awesome build man, am gonna give it a go when servers come back up, has opened my eyes. Never tried jungle Nunu before but this build looks pretty solid, thanks.

zebano

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-01-2010

Quote:
As Nunu I can do golem at level 1 without any items. Amplifying tome builds into nothing useful for a good tanking/jungling Nunu. Also, as I mentioned you don't need golem at level one with Nunu. Visionary takes care of your mana problems and consume cd is already low enough.

Boots help an insane amount with ganks, with lizard and iceblast noone will get away from you without the use of flash. Starting boots are essential to a good early game on this Nunu.

The two things I think are missing from this guide are a sheen and CDR other than runes (unless you plan to keep the blue buff all game). An early sheen really makes ganking easy and late game it is constantly proccing as you toss snowballs everywhere.

Gunflame

10-01-2010

Sheen? WTF it is competely useless on nunu.

Rush Banshee, Bloodboil, slow, ulti profit.

Gunflame

10-01-2010

Quote:
Yeah, I think a team comp like Twitch/Ashe/Ezreal/Janna/Nunu would be extremely viable. Janna could go more ap and between her and Nunu the opposing team would still have to worry about magic resistance. Both could protect the carries and if the enemy team rushed in you have two ults to break them up with. With cc magnets like Janna and Nunu there and the kitability Nunu's and Janna's slows provide it would be an amazingly annoying comp to go against. Not to mention Ashe's ult and volley slow.
And extremely inefective... You have absolutetly no way to protect your carries NONE. Your team doesn't have a tank at all

Bigmantree

10-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunflame View Post
And extremely inefective... You have absolutetly no way to protect your carries NONE. Your team doesn't have a tank at all
Uh. Janna and Nunu are protecting. And Nunu not a tank? Intriguing hypothesis.

Telandra

10-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunflame View Post

Apparently you don't know how to read.
Or spell.

123456 ... 11