Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Suggestion] New Summoner Icons

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Oxidiz3r

09-30-2010

Dear esteemed Riot League of Legends development team;

I have one very simple request. It is very small and such a trivial request, but it would bring great joy to my heart if you could grant such a meager wish.

You see, I began playing this game quite a few months ago and my first thought concerning the game was, "My! What a limited selection of icons for one to express them self with!" In my League of Legends youth, I'd chosen the image of the plant that had just poked through the soil; this was sort of a symbolic representation of my own newness to the game. As I began to grow as a summoner, I felt that my sprout phase had finally passed and I reselected my icon. I am to this day a full grown tree with the fruits of my experience to share with others.

Now, I make my point. What comes after this towering timber? This I will tell you: there is an icon for the Golem and the Lizard, but these do not interest me. I am above them. Warwick can solo these in his first level! Surly there is one mightier!

And this is my request: the visage of the fearsome Baron is the portrait that I seek. No other monster on the Battlefields of Justice strikes more fear into the hearts of champions than he! The artwork is beautiful as well. My congratulations to your fine artists.

If this should not be possible, might you be interested in expanding the selection of icons a bit further?

Thank you for your consideration,

The Summoner, Oxidiz3r

Oxidiz3r

09-30-2010

Just for the sake of it, here's the portrait.

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20091221184103/leagueoflegends/images/thumb/2/28/BaronNashorSquare.png/120px-BaronNashorSquare.png

Commando Wolf

10-02-2010

cool idea.

Zedilurk

10-02-2010

Mundo solo Baron at level 8 as he pleases. I choose Mundo as my summoner image.

Lord Bronas

10-03-2010

Well, this is a good idea but I would like to go a bit further with these summoner icons:

Mainly two suggestions:
- An avatar creator, making it somewhat unique. This would allow us to personalize us as summoners and make this a bit more fun when u can see who is on the other side of the wall during the fight.
OR!
- Ability to upload any image we please.

Autocthon

10-04-2010

Would be nice if you unlocked portraits of characters as you buy them, and if they implemented Achievements with Summoner Portraits as the rewards (as well as possibly unique spells, but that's a suggestion I have yet to fully flesh out).

1ucky

10-22-2011

if 15 mil ppl play this game... having at least the same number of summoner icons as champions sounds like a gud idea to me.

Kofo

Recruiter

10-23-2011

how do u change your icon? i've had the same one for almost 2 yrs now heh