Trundle + Soraka bot lane...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chamenas

10-19-2012

...is it just a farm lane at that point?

I was Miss Fortune with Sona. My entire team (which fed the other team HUGELY btw, and I didn't die until, you know, they 5 man turret dived me after a team fight in lane).

I know that Trundle has tremendous clinging power and significant damage if he can get close. As such, I worried about getting in autoattack range,especially when he started cloth and 5 pots.

With Trundle's ability to sustain off of creeps, Soraka's healing, armor and pots, it didn't seem wise for me to engage him. My Q did pathetic damage when I did manage to land it on him, and the damage disappeared moments later anyways.

I chose to try and farm in lane. But, of course, my team was feeding Darius, Karthus and Shen and my lane's Sona gave Trundle two kills.

I'm frustrated because I feel like I did what I could, but I simply couldn't get kills bot lane to compensate for my team's feeding. I mean, the other team was up something like 20 kills to 7 at one point.

Should I have been more aggressive? How was I supposed to avoid Trundle's damage in order to deny him in lane and, hopefully, get the kills I needed to carry the lane.

MadSeer

10-19-2012

I don't think MF was the best choice for that lane. You would've had better chances with Ezreal, Graves, Corki, Tristana or Sivir for their mobility/spell shield, but more specifically I think Tristana or Sivir is how you manage that lane. With Tristana you explode the **** out of the creeps and force him to farm under tower, use your jump if he gets too close, use your E to reduce his healing. With Sivir you Ricochet+Boomerang blade to push like Tristana, and you have your spell shield if there's trouble. Both of these ADCs have ults that can help them escape too. I'm not sure there's anything you could've done with Miss Fortune except having a farm off with Trundle, but feeding team lost it for you.

Clashed

10-19-2012

You could have just aimed for the soraka instead.

Chamenas

10-19-2012

I picked MF before they picked Trundle and Soraka. Not that a first pick Trundle (which it wasn't, he was last pick) would have told me that he was going bot.

I'm not looking to be told about how I could have picked it better. I could have done fine with Vayne too, my usual pick. But I've been counter-picked with so many poke comps lately that it's really not safe for me to pick Vayne unless I know what they have. MF felt like a safer pick. Then they went Trundle Soraka bot.

To me, that's a farm lane, and that's what I did. But I couldn't carry against a fed team and my team kept giving me flak for not having kills early on.

Glorkle

10-19-2012

You should just be harassing him the entire time.

Chamenas

10-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clashed007 View Post
You could have just aimed for the soraka instead.
That's a thought, but she was mostly out of range the whole time. She didn't really have to come up and harass.

Chamenas

10-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorkle View Post
You should just be harassing him the entire time.

But I wasn't doing any damage to him... and if I got in auto-attack range he could have used the slow pillar thing...

Reallshotgg

10-19-2012

why is that trundle not zoned is my question

MadSeer

10-19-2012

Hey, you asked for tips on how to deal with that lane, I gave you some. There wasn't any real way to know that's the lane you were gonna face, but I'm just telling you that these two ADCs would have had a lot more success in such a situation. You could have also tried an Executioner's Calling, good sustain, some crit% and you **** up their healing.

duck8

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamenas View Post
As such, I worried about getting in autoattack range,especially when he started cloth and 5 pots.
That actually means that he'd never get in melee range without using W and E, meaning he wouldn't be able to stick to you at all once he got there.