Twisted Dominionline

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cretinok

10-23-2012

I personally cant stand Dominion.

I do like Sommoners Rift, but it can be frustrating at times because of the meta restricting your choices. Sometimes its fun to mix things up and just have fun. But no, unless you have a premade team, the team compositions are always the same and leaves no room for creative strategies. Picking anything other than what your supposed to do will result in either massive **** talk or que dodging.

Thats why I like Twisted Treeline. Where I can play with a couple friends and create interesting teams that synergize well. These changes sound terrible and will only result in me playing solely Summoners Rift and eventually will stop playing all together from boredom.

Riot, I understand that a lot of work went into this new map, but please do us all a fovor and add it as a stand alone map and leave TT as it is.

SouthPaw Senpai

10-23-2012

Has anyone else noticed that the lower part of the map has a lower framerate?

fiddlesticksssss

10-23-2012

My non knee jerk reaction feedback? I would like the altars to be less important, i don't like that already good TT champions just got even stronger because of new items that encourage their specific set of play "wall of meat darius now builds 25 armor pen weapon and still gets health". Those are things i don't like. Also because you and sam are friends, doesn't mean your supposed to support him over the community. Last time someone gave a half ass post got the embassy "the beard" shut down.

Arrogant Egotist

10-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ueno 54 View Post
No wards blows my mind. When someone goes in the jungle you know they're gonna gank, so if all 3 aren't around you're forced to turtle.
This all the way, turtling and teemo was a problem on the OLD 3v3, now... now it's going to be a total mushroom fest, this game will not be viable without one on your team because the only people allowed to ever leave their turret are the ones who have a mess of shrooms watching their ass.

VIOLENTxSHINOBI

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goggris View Post
Please don't assume the role of spokesperson for an entire community of players by saying "we wanted this" or "we wanted that". You speak for yourself and only yourself. I am just as much a member of this community as anybody else and I am extremely excited and looking forward to these changes.
My bad yo, I guess I could have worded that better, but I wasn't trying to speak for anyone or anything like that. I was trying to point out (through failed satirical ranting) that Riot should try and understand where these people who have been playing a certain map, and have grown used to it and it's percieved faults, are comming from.

Also, I used "we" in a general sense, not in a literal "all of us who play TT" sense. If I had said "I" instead of we, my guess is the conversation would still be along the lines of, "you are not the only TT player, don't think only you matter so don't speak for all of us" etc.

Yes, there are a few things I don't like about the new map, however I doubt they will leave most of these things the way they currently are considering the feedback on here seems to indicate that most players are not happy with the changes.

I'm glad you are excited, I hope they don't butcher the things you are looking forward to trying out.

EDIT:
But just in case you want to argue anyway, you can't honestly say the majority of the complaints fover the last year have asked for anything close to the rework we are seeing, can you? Shrines? Extra starting gold? No wards? It's all crazy man! lol

TB Once

10-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesh View Post
Hai guys.

I'm not going to try and tell you how you should think or what to feel about the reworked TT. I'm a high elo dominion player and also diamond in 3s. I've dedicated a lot of time over the last few months to learning and becoming good at our non-SR game modes. I'm not a designer or on either the dominion or TT team, but I can tell you as a player that the new mode really doesn't feel like dominion to me (and I LOVE dominion).

Are there a lot of things that still aren't perfect about the new TT? Sure. That's why we're releasing this as a beta. We read all of your comments on here and really do value your feedback. Change is hard and I know there will be a lot of knee-jerk reactions to the new changes. People see the altars and immediately think of them as capture and hold points like Dominion when really the gamemode doesn't feel anything like Dominion (to me, at least - like I said I don't want to tell you what you should think).

That said, posts like this one are extremely constructive and allow us to analyze what you guys like and don't like about the new mode. I know it's tempting to post things like "omg the new map mode sucks it's dominion/TT hybrid" but those really aren't constructive and don't engage us in conversation.

Instead, try to specifically outline what mechanics and changes make you feel that way. This post does a great job of approaching the specific elements that the OP doesn't like yet. Obviously, the map isn't even out on Live yet but as you guys have a chance to play it more, try to be constructive with feedback! The OP's post is a good example of what we're looking for ^_^
I can vouch for Vesh! He's legit. The guy is always in channel 3v3. =)

Meshly

10-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesh View Post
Hai guys.

I'm not going to try and tell you how you should think or what to feel about the reworked TT. I'm a high elo dominion player and also diamond in 3s. I've dedicated a lot of time over the last few months to learning and becoming good at our non-SR game modes. I'm not a designer or on either the dominion or TT team, but I can tell you as a player that the new mode really doesn't feel like dominion to me (and I LOVE dominion).

Are there a lot of things that still aren't perfect about the new TT? Sure. That's why we're releasing this as a beta. We read all of your comments on here and really do value your feedback. Change is hard and I know there will be a lot of knee-jerk reactions to the new changes. People see the altars and immediately think of them as capture and hold points like Dominion when really the gamemode doesn't feel anything like Dominion (to me, at least - like I said I don't want to tell you what you should think).

That said, posts like this one are extremely constructive and allow us to analyze what you guys like and don't like about the new mode. I know it's tempting to post things like "omg the new map mode sucks it's dominion/TT hybrid" but those really aren't constructive and don't engage us in conversation.

Instead, try to specifically outline what mechanics and changes make you feel that way. This post does a great job of approaching the specific elements that the OP doesn't like yet. Obviously, the map isn't even out on Live yet but as you guys have a chance to play it more, try to be constructive with feedback! The OP's post is a good example of what we're looking for ^_^
Finally a Riot person responding, can you care to tell us why Riot removed wards and still didn't add a Blue Buff to jungle yet? Or is it out of your hands of power to know?

Goggris

10-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIOLENTxSHINOBI View Post
My bad yo, I guess I could have worded that better, but I wasn't trying to speak for anyone or anything like that. I was trying to point out (through failed satirical ranting) that Riot should try and understand where these people who have been playing a certain map, and have grown used to it and it's percieved faults, are comming from.

Also, I used "we" in a general sense, not in a literal "all of us who play TT" sense. If I had said "I" instead of we, my guess is the conversation would still be along the lines of, "you are not the only TT player, don't think only you matter so don't speak for all of us" etc.

Yes, there are a few things I don't like about the new map, however I doubt they will leave most of these things the way they currently are considering the feedback on here seems to indicate that most players are not happy with the changes.

I'm glad you are excited, I hope they don't butcher the things you are looking forward to trying out.

EDIT:
But just in case you want to argue anyway, you can't honestly say the majority of the complaints fover the last year have asked for anything close to the rework we are seeing, can you? Shrines? Extra starting gold? No wards? It's all crazy man! lol

Starting gold: Increases level 1 variety/choice, pushes you towards engagement vs farming (TT is supposed to be about engagement over farming).

Shrines: Old TT buffs mostly require champs with a wriggles build to take the buffs (which limits viable champion selection since you only have 3 members per team). By making the buff a point hold mechanic you increase viability of other champs and builds.

No Wards: Wards decrease engagement/skirmishes by increasing map awareness. Additionally in a small map like TT with only a few viable ward spots it just becomes a game of "who is the last person to drop a pink ward down" for vision. With no ward the focus is a lot less on passive farming in a lane and a greater focus on moving around for engagement/skirmishes/objectives.

The other changes I don't think you had a problem with so I won't mention them here.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ┼zure View Post
Thank you for being the first Rioter to post in these sorts of threads, it'd be nice if rjcombo or Nome would post in these sorts of threads and have a dialogue. They only seem to be posting in the "this art is awesome" threads or about specific items rather than what aspects of the old treeline people are unhappy about losing.

And the art is awesome of course, but the longtime players of treeline would like at least a dialogue.

Street-cred for diamond in 3s, my team is around 50 elo away, and planning how to win those next couple games and experimenting with new strategies has been really fun.

I feel a lot of the changes were overreactions to the balance of the map and more of the qualities of it could have been preserved. Through runes, masteries, and an adaptive build I've made Anivia work on treeline at a high platinum level, and I've seen more Annie in treeline than I ever see on SR. I feel like the small community had barely scratched the surface of viable champions due to the small player base, and these changes feel severe in contrast to what was likely needed.

I just don't want them to wipe all the strategy from the map and replace it with dominion-like teamfights all the time, cause in the original treeline those early teamfights are optional as good warding and posturing can avoid them, which allows more champions to be viable through not only needing a strong early game. I'm sure you've played enough dominion to know those early windmill fights swing heavily in favor of the team with more tankyderps, and these altars make that a snowballing lead.

Removing wards hurt. Making the top jungle just a boss camp with no complexity hurt. and the altars really hurt. There are no longer tight corridors to make AoE from mages strong, nor walls for ADs to hide behind. As much as those walls helped people with blinks and jumps, I felt they were so central to the feel of the map, that losing that excessive amount of walls is something I'll really miss.
Not exactly bruisers lose the early Windmill fights more than they win them, Dominion meta has since even been turned froma RAWR CHARGE mode to a Poke/Cc war Before the engagement usually the team with the msot poke and long ranged cc (and of course revives, (what? it's a viable spell in the scar) is far Superior to a team full of bruisers during the erly fiight because Bruisers wont be able to close the gap without getting taken down until later levels, that's why bruisers usually cap mid and come late to the windmill fight, theya re more fight cleanup athan front line fighters, of course they ebcome front line fighters during the game just not During the first windmill fight, the New TT just feels like DOminion because most of you only played it during the Rawr charge Meta (DOminion release) and the capture mechanic only being able to be interrupted by standing on the point while someone captures (instead of the right click the turret with Cd and othe rperks like interruppting by blowing your own cd) encourages a Rawr charge Meta instead of a Poke Meta or a Pooting Meta (not entering in details what this is, trust me you don't want to know >_>), man they are way too different, the TT capture mechanics are clumsy but it's understandable why the mechanics are different. i'll edit witht he rest later phuck phone

PrinceDarknight

10-23-2012

As someone who started playing this game on TT, and has played on TT about 80% (at least) of my 3000 overall games, I agree with everyone else's gripes about the new TT changes.

Removing wards makes little sense, the alters simply are too Dominion-like and don't belong there, framerate is all over the place, and you should be able to pull Maw out. The jungle problem didn't really get addressed, there are some OP item combos (singed and torch, anyone?), and some of the lanes could be tightened up a bit.

The anti-turtling measures, bigger middle (cuts down on blink champs a lot), and new artwork/atmosphere are quite impressive, but the overal idea that TT should basically be a fast-paced free-for-all, a la Dominion, will simply break the map and disappoint a great many people, myself included. I think Dominion is great fun, but use it mostly to screw around or IP farm. It just seems in trying to make an improved TT map, it's been turned into a re-worked Crystal Scar, if anything.