Twisted Dominionline

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

hardyharhar6

10-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by UmbralSoul View Post
This is exactly what i thought when i first saw the map.
It resembles too much of dominion, they need to get rid of all the shrines and put some darn bushes.

As a 3v3 main, I'd hate to see the old map go, they need to leave it there and add the newer one as another option for 3v3. I've played over 1400 games on Twisted Tree Line and the new one just does not appeal to me at all with the dominion-esque game play.

Riot needs to just leave the dominion game play inside dominion, and dominion ONLY.
Agreed. I want my Dominion gameplay in Dominion and my pseudo-SR gameplay on Twisted Treeline!

Aquilux

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlesticksssss View Post
Never seen it happen. Within 3 minutes of the game, unless there is a mutual agreement not to go for altars....there will be a fight for altars. This is where speed champs excel. If you have 2 strong champs to defend, just send kennen or teemo over early and get behind them. When they attack for your altar, stealth steal theirs. This makes it 1-1 again, however there will be a team fight. No lead gained. 90 seconds later, you will fight again, however you already used your ace, they are waiting for you now. You fight however you lose, and lose second altar. You and the other team is only level 4, 6 minutes or so into the game. Why? Laning doesn't exist. You go back to lane, just to turret hug because of new bush placement. Can't make wards happen because of altars alone. It would make altar stealing impossible if we had wards. Get rid of altars, you get wards, and you get strategy and ACTUAL enjoyable fights. Games will still end probably 15 minutes in if surrender if not 20-30 minutes UNLESS its a really good game. Now you see the problem with altars? Once you have 2 altars its a snowballing effect. Whoever controls 2 will get bigger and bigger until they just overwhelm you 10 minutes into the game. They will destroy your inhibs and finish the game. Sure altars cause fights, and people say its "dumb if you just let them have it". What do i say? Its dumb to just let them "have" red buff for free too. So guess what? Mini bosses with buffs causes fights just as much as altars, however with mini bosses, the game is actually fun. You like fun don't you?

Edit: another problem, you cant punish people for getting altars either, if you just can't contest it. Altar caps quick as hell. You can probably kill half a minion wave before they finish capping. So you can't say "ok trade their bot turret for altar". Doesn't happen like that.

SO, so true...

My thoughts: Ebonmaw was way too weak, Vilemaw is much more fitting.
Wards are integral to the strategy of the game. Also, speed shrine and bonuses for capturing objectives... This never was anything like Dominion so why were these implemented? I very much appreciate Riot's effort and attention to TT, but I honestly think they overdid it. This is way more than what the TTers asked for, and that's a bad thing. Most of the people that support this change seems to be SR players who hardly, if ever, even played TT. And most of the TT players were very dedicated to the original map and find this to be an unacceptable replacement. As an addition, it is wonderful, and I would actually enjoy playing this map on and off. But we are talking straight up replacement here. I don't think that's fair.

Aquilux

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicksiren View Post
Updated OP with a few more things.

But isn't that the purpose of threads like these? Hardyhar said it well above me, actually. I wish Riot would comment on how this new Twisted Treeline doesn't even feel like the old one at all. I'm hoping they'll say something about that soon...
I haven't seen them acknowledge any [constructive] criticisms whatsoever thus far...
(Welcome to the Twisted Treeline (forums)).

Sasanian

10-22-2012

**** twisted dominionline.

PrinceVert

10-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venova View Post
Let me sum up what seems to be a majority of the sentiments:

We love the new map
We love the old map
We want them both, not one replacing the other - at least keep the "old" TT available as a custom game option. No matchmaking, keep that for the new TT/SI map, since it would be confusing to newer players to encounter 2 versions of the "same" map, and keeping the old TT as custom would prevent fracturing because most people will probably play the new map. But the old one can stay there for customs for dedicated the TT communtity who loves the map.
Matchmaking for 2 maps!

2 confusing? One is called the Twisted Treeline the new one is called the Shadow Isles

Twisted Treeline under the Classic Tab
Shadow Isles under Dominion Tab

Everyone happy

Nicksiren

10-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquilux View Post
I haven't seen them [Riot] acknowledge any [constructive] criticisms whatsoever thus far...
(Welcome to the Twisted Treeline (forums)).
>.<; Help me get Riot's attention on this thread then to see what they have to say! (This is directed to everyone.) That's why I was afraid of posting this in the Twisted Treeline forums in the first place.

hardyharhar6

10-23-2012

Bump

xLIPx Cpn Hook

10-23-2012

As a gold elo old school twisted treeline jungler, i notice that the new map is anti-jungler.
the points of having a jungler in the old twisted treeline was essentially:
1) to avoid competing for farm in a lane with an ally.
2) to ensure buffs (or at least contest for said buffs) for the team.
3) to allow for ganks.
The new map only has 3 camps for each side, and it is incredibly unlikely that a junlger will survive a trip to the other side's camps seeing as how the relic in the middle of them grants vision. Obviously, because of this the first 2 points that i mentioned (to allow for farm and to ensure buffs) are completely thrown out the window. the only point to haveing a jungler anymore is to gank a lane at every level. if youre going to do that, Riot just severely narrowed the number of effective TT junglers, not increased the viable junglers as they claim.

Unless riot DRAMATICALLY increased the experience and gold that the 3 jungle camps provide, a jungler in 3s will be a waste of a summoner spell. The enemy team will be there with their ignites and exhausts taking your relics every 90 seconds. Having a jungler (commonly with a smite and flash) against an enemy team with ignites and exhausts (lets face it that's what people do a lot in 3s) will not make a competative team to fight for relics and therefore your team will lose relics, money, and helpful buffs by having a jungler.

personally, as a TT jungler, it seems that riot has overlooked a central part twisted treeline.

Luego

10-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquilux View Post
SO, so true...

My thoughts: Ebonmaw was way too weak, Vilemaw is much more fitting.
Wards are integral to the strategy of the game. Also, speed shrine and bonuses for capturing objectives... This never was anything like Dominion so why were these implemented? I very much appreciate Riot's effort and attention to TT, but I honestly think they overdid it. This is way more than what the TTers asked for, and that's a bad thing. Most of the people that support this change seems to be SR players who hardly, if ever, even played TT. And most of the TT players were very dedicated to the original map and find this to be an unacceptable replacement. As an addition, it is wonderful, and I would actually enjoy playing this map on and off. But we are talking straight up replacement here. I don't think that's fair.
I don't know if Ebomnaw was too weak. Unless you made special effort w/ strong junglers and/or smite, he took a while and some effort early game, and you could easily be trapped in a teamfight/steal if not careful. If one team makes the effort to have a "dragon friendly setup" they deserve to have an advantage.

Late game, and even midgame, I agree that he was simply a pushover.

Basically, I like his starting stats (maybe increase his hp a few hundred, if anything) but think he just needed to scale more as the game went on.

More on point, I agree with most of your post. This is a new mode, not a balancing of the TT we all know and love.

Go Charizard

10-23-2012

+1 to the OP, how do we get some reds in here?

I agree it's way to much like dominion, and when one team manages to capture both relics it's snowball and GG. Switch the relics with single champion buffs instead of whole team buffs (blue, red, green, white, I don't really care which buffs, they're all great). This way it's harder to snowball and there's more creeps for the jungler.

Hell, I'd be fine with keeping the speed shrine in the middle if they got rid of the relics. Or maybe where the relics are put minor buffs (green, white) and in the middle put a major buff (red, blue).

I want TT, not dominion.