Twisted Dominionline

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

fiddlesticksssss

10-21-2012

Honestly i got so annoyed of losing every TT game in pbe that i straight up uninstalled. I understand pbe doesn't have a match making like live LoL. It tries to put you in a random game doesn't matter about skill level. However this map literally makes people rage out the ass. The moment you lose the 2nd altar, you will be bombarded with a frenzy of racial slurs, u bad, u mad, fggt, etc etc. If this map isn't changed from the altar race that it is, i would literally be forced to quit LoL in general. Also if you are wondering, no it doesn't fix the god tier champs from normal TT. Olaf, darius, tryndamere, singed, and jax can still easily dominate a game....especially with the new items. Van dam's pillager encourages you to play tanky dps, because you will get a fair amount of damage, a BUTT TON of armor pen, free lifesteal/spell vamp, and a bunch of hp all at a low cost.. I hate this map.

Baneson

10-22-2012

You do realize that it is in beta mode right? As in, they'll probably be making tweeks to most of the things uncovered here.

Saying things like "omg new TT bad, imma uninstall" is pretty over the top.

hardyharhar6

10-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baneson View Post
You do realize that it is in beta mode right? As in, they'll probably be making tweeks to most of the things uncovered here.
Sure it's in beta mode but that's why there are threads like these which give good, well-constructed feedback. As it stands many people feel Riot jumped the shark on the new Twisted Treeline a bit, making it feel like a completely different game mode.

Nicksiren

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-22-2012

Updated OP with a few more things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baneson View Post

Saying things like "omg new TT bad, imma uninstall" is pretty over the top.
But isn't that the purpose of threads like these? Hardyhar said it well above me, actually. I wish Riot would comment on how this new Twisted Treeline doesn't even feel like the old one at all. I'm hoping they'll say something about that soon...

Desocupado

10-22-2012

I love playing the old map with matchmaking in my mid-low ELO bracket.

I like dominion, and probably will like the new Shadow Isle - "Temple Ruins" map but TT is different from both and that's not a bad thing.

IllegalN00b

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-22-2012

I don't like that they took the laning phase out of it. The biggest problem with TT was that you could turtle but they fixed that. The alter buffs seem like they are going to ruin things.

Clockworksummonr

10-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllegalN00b View Post
I don't like that they took the laning phase out of it. The biggest problem with TT was that you could turtle but they fixed that. The alter buffs seem like they are going to ruin things.
They pretty much do, +4g per kill (minion kills count too to clear things up) is like having two TFs on your team. The only team that could keep up in gold if they missed an alter would be a teamcomp of Ashe, Twisted Fate and Gangplank. +4g per kill is way too much.

If they took out the movespeed shrine and either replaced the alter buffs with a monster buff that would be fine OR increase the alter capture time by triple so capping an alter can cause you to lose a tower.

Kelebai

10-22-2012

This is coming from a player that easily plays more TT than SR. I love the new map. I don't think it's perfect, but I think a lot of us are glorifying the features of TT that we find fun, but aren't necessarily every going to make TT truly competitive. Do I think 3v3 will ever see a competitive scene? Not really, but I think this new map is closer than the old map.

Why?

Because of the silly things in the old map that, as I said, were fun, but kind of silly. For example, the lvl 1 bush fights. You see that in 5v5 but it's done with a lot more care and precision, due to the map size and escapability. In this new map, I see careful positioning in the beginning, and a lot more top to bottom, bottom to top movement. The ability to disengage from fights, or keep a large enough distance has allowed a larger variety of ranged champions as well.

GD goldenessence

10-22-2012

Haven't had the opportunity to play yet. Enjoyed 3v3 Twisted Treeline, but certainly will be ditching it if there are elements of dominion (i.e. - capping and speed shrines).

Ebullient Shade

10-22-2012

This is exactly what i thought when i first saw the map.
It resembles too much of dominion, they need to get rid of all the shrines and put some darn bushes.

As a 3v3 main, I'd hate to see the old map go, they need to leave it there and add the newer one as another option for 3v3. I've played over 1400 games on Twisted Tree Line and the new one just does not appeal to me at all with the dominion-esque game play.

Riot needs to just leave the dominion game play inside dominion, and dominion ONLY.