Twisted Dominionline

First Riot Post
12345612 ... 16
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlesticksssss View Post
Its not really dominion. Right now its in beta, and right now those altars you speak of, have a higher priority than vilemaw and dragon on old TT combined. You get a little extra gold that over time makes a huge mass, and of course a free dragon buff for eternity until you lose one altar. That is the main problem. However riot was thinking of ditching old TT in general, and putting this new and improved version in. The map without altars is AMAZING with a few added areas "top jungle" and it will be the TT we never had. However since there are those altars, and that speed altar, it really just destroys everything TT. That is the main problem. With those 2 in there it flat out destroys it. You say it causes fights? I haven't had 1 old TT game without atleast 10-20 fights. The only difference is that once you win a fight on new TT its gg, you will snowball. Who needs 10-20 fights? You can win in 5 just from pure altar ass raping.
People are flat out stupid with this Altars "advantage", sure two altars might be a little borderline but if you have only one Altar and failed to lock the second altar then it means the other team has one Altar too and they also have +4g per Kill, see how it balances out?.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nicksiren

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-20-2012

Updated with a few more things.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

fiddlesticksssss

Senior Member

10-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infirc View Post
People are flat out stupid with this Altars "advantage", sure two altars might be a little borderline but if you have only one Altar and failed to lock the second altar then it means the other team has one Altar too and they also have +4g per Kill, see how it balances out?.
Never seen it happen. Within 3 minutes of the game, unless there is a mutual agreement not to go for altars....there will be a fight for altars. This is where speed champs excel. If you have 2 strong champs to defend, just send kennen or teemo over early and get behind them. When they attack for your altar, stealth steal theirs. This makes it 1-1 again, however there will be a team fight. No lead gained. 90 seconds later, you will fight again, however you already used your ace, they are waiting for you now. You fight however you lose, and lose second altar. You and the other team is only level 4, 6 minutes or so into the game. Why? Laning doesn't exist. You go back to lane, just to turret hug because of new bush placement. Can't make wards happen because of altars alone. It would make altar stealing impossible if we had wards. Get rid of altars, you get wards, and you get strategy and ACTUAL enjoyable fights. Games will still end probably 15 minutes in if surrender if not 20-30 minutes UNLESS its a really good game. Now you see the problem with altars? Once you have 2 altars its a snowballing effect. Whoever controls 2 will get bigger and bigger until they just overwhelm you 10 minutes into the game. They will destroy your inhibs and finish the game. Sure altars cause fights, and people say its "dumb if you just let them have it". What do i say? Its dumb to just let them "have" red buff for free too. So guess what? Mini bosses with buffs causes fights just as much as altars, however with mini bosses, the game is actually fun. You like fun don't you?

Edit: another problem, you cant punish people for getting altars either, if you just can't contest it. Altar caps quick as hell. You can probably kill half a minion wave before they finish capping. So you can't say "ok trade their bot turret for altar". Doesn't happen like that.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

hardyharhar6

Junior Member

10-20-2012

You make some great points Nicksiren and it's really well written. The altars and the speed buff make it feel like a completely different game mode. On top of those plus the non-existent juking around Dragon/Vilemaw location take away from what made old TT so much fun to play.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ueno 54

Senior Member

10-20-2012

No wards blows my mind. When someone goes in the jungle you know they're gonna gank, so if all 3 aren't around you're forced to turtle.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DarkTemplar99

Senior Member

10-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ueno 54 View Post
No wards blows my mind. When someone goes in the jungle you know they're gonna gank, so if all 3 aren't around you're forced to turtle.
Pick Teemo, Cait, Shaco, Nidalee, etc


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlesticksssss View Post
Never seen it happen. Within 3 minutes of the game, unless there is a mutual agreement not to go for altars....there will be a fight for altars. This is where speed champs excel. If you have 2 strong champs to defend, just send kennen or teemo over early and get behind them. When they attack for your altar, stealth steal theirs. This makes it 1-1 again, however there will be a team fight. No lead gained. 90 seconds later, you will fight again, however you already used your ace, they are waiting for you now. You fight however you lose, and lose second altar. You and the other team is only level 4, 6 minutes or so into the game. Why? Laning doesn't exist. You go back to lane, just to turret hug because of new bush placement. Can't make wards happen because of altars alone. It would make altar stealing impossible if we had wards. Get rid of altars, you get wards, and you get strategy and ACTUAL enjoyable fights. Games will still end probably 15 minutes in if surrender if not 20-30 minutes UNLESS its a really good game. Now you see the problem with altars? Once you have 2 altars its a snowballing effect. Whoever controls 2 will get bigger and bigger until they just overwhelm you 10 minutes into the game. They will destroy your inhibs and finish the game. Sure altars cause fights, and people say its "dumb if you just let them have it". What do i say? Its dumb to just let them "have" red buff for free too. So guess what? Mini bosses with buffs causes fights just as much as altars, however with mini bosses, the game is actually fun. You like fun don't you?

Edit: another problem, you cant punish people for getting altars either, if you just can't contest it. Altar caps quick as hell. You can probably kill half a minion wave before they finish capping. So you can't say "ok trade their bot turret for altar". Doesn't happen like that.

Wards?, Teemo+Hextech sweper, that's how we do it in Dominion , you'll be amazed at the ridicolous amount of vision it gives, thank me later.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sacred Stride

Senior Member

10-20-2012

I love the idea of the alters. I hope they don't remove it. It stops turtleing and gives you the feel of area control.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

hardyharhar6

Junior Member

10-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacred Stride View Post
I love the idea of the alters. I hope they don't remove it. It stops turtleing and gives you the feel of area control.
It stops turtling because it gives the team who has them a ridiculous advantage. They already fixed turtling with the nexus base and other layout changes. The only thing altars do is (forgive the pun) alter the focus of the game mode and contribute to snowballing.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

blindasleep

Senior Member

10-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infirc View Post
Wards?, Teemo+Hextech sweper, that's how we do it in Dominion , you'll be amazed at the ridicolous amount of vision it gives, thank me later.

You just made our point for us thanks. Your suggestion is to use the same strat as dominion.LOL


12345612 ... 16