Twisted Dominionline

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Haeval

10-31-2012

Not to mention the summoning/spawning pool is almost copy/pasted from dominion.... and now TOO far away to let most teams even begin to defend their last turret/nexus.

SmokingJoeNL

10-31-2012

There is also a teemo in every game if not 2. That's not right.

SmokingJoeNL

10-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesh View Post
Hai guys.

I'm not going to try and tell you how you should think or what to feel about the reworked TT. I'm a high elo dominion player and also diamond in 3s. I've dedicated a lot of time over the last few months to learning and becoming good at our non-SR game modes. I'm not a designer or on either the dominion or TT team, but I can tell you as a player that the new mode really doesn't feel like dominion to me (and I LOVE dominion).

Are there a lot of things that still aren't perfect about the new TT? Sure. That's why we're releasing this as a beta. We read all of your comments on here and really do value your feedback. Change is hard and I know there will be a lot of knee-jerk reactions to the new changes. People see the altars and immediately think of them as capture and hold points like Dominion when really the gamemode doesn't feel anything like Dominion (to me, at least - like I said I don't want to tell you what you should think).

That said, posts like this one are extremely constructive and allow us to analyze what you guys like and don't like about the new mode. I know it's tempting to post things like "omg the new map mode sucks it's dominion/TT hybrid" but those really aren't constructive and don't engage us in conversation.

Instead, try to specifically outline what mechanics and changes make you feel that way. This post does a great job of approaching the specific elements that the OP doesn't like yet. Obviously, the map isn't even out on Live yet but as you guys have a chance to play it more, try to be constructive with feedback! The OP's post is a good example of what we're looking for ^_^

How do you feel about riot creating a map where teemo is even more op than the last one?

Since you agree that it's not like dominion and I, as tt veteran, think it's not like the old tt, can you convince riot to make this a seperate map?

Kangaroo Rider

10-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesh View Post
Hai guys.

I'm not going to try and tell you how you should think or what to feel about the reworked TT. I'm a high elo dominion player and also diamond in 3s. I've dedicated a lot of time over the last few months to learning and becoming good at our non-SR game modes. I'm not a designer or on either the dominion or TT team, but I can tell you as a player that the new mode really doesn't feel like dominion to me (and I LOVE dominion).

Are there a lot of things that still aren't perfect about the new TT? Sure. That's why we're releasing this as a beta. We read all of your comments on here and really do value your feedback. Change is hard and I know there will be a lot of knee-jerk reactions to the new changes. People see the altars and immediately think of them as capture and hold points like Dominion when really the gamemode doesn't feel anything like Dominion (to me, at least - like I said I don't want to tell you what you should think).

That said, posts like this one are extremely constructive and allow us to analyze what you guys like and don't like about the new mode. I know it's tempting to post things like "omg the new map mode sucks it's dominion/TT hybrid" but those really aren't constructive and don't engage us in conversation.

Instead, try to specifically outline what mechanics and changes make you feel that way. This post does a great job of approaching the specific elements that the OP doesn't like yet. Obviously, the map isn't even out on Live yet but as you guys have a chance to play it more, try to be constructive with feedback! The OP's post is a good example of what we're looking for ^_^
The reason why the new TT feels like dominion (from my point of view) is because there isn't any accomplishment when you kill someone. It's just too much of a roaming map compared to the old TT because the old TT was a great mix between laning and roaming. One thing I've seen is that it's fairly impossible for a team to make a comeback because it is so easy to force a teamfight and catch someone when you are the winning team. Also here's a question: Why did you remove wards? Teemo is op in the new map.

Haeval

Kazaan

10-31-2012

I enjoy the new Twisted Treeline very much. I agree that it needs some work but over all I like the new feel. It is definitely not the old twisted tree line. But that is not necessarily a bad thing. As a dominion player like Vesh I agree that it plays nothing like dominion. Altars are not the main objective and are just an added bonus. They will not make or brake a good team. I agree with the OP that there needs to be adjustments to the top area by vilemaw. What those changes are I do not know. I LOVE vilemaws spider web pull though. It is really fun when I am playing wukong and it pulls the enemy team and I into the same spot. I just blow my ult and do some serious damage.