Twisted Dominionline

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WhiteDevilJ

10-25-2012

Please keep the old Twisted treeline Riot! I hate this new one so much and i am a primarily TT player. Why are they taking our favorite map from us and forcing to play this or a 5 v 5?

Platinum Agent

10-25-2012

I agree almost completely with this well thought out and articulate post. Thank you very much for taking the time and effort to clearly lay out your thoughts, pros and cons, on the map. You just about covered everything I came here to post.

One thing I would like to extrapolate on are the Altars. I really and truly do not like them and think they 100% change the game play that I was fond of in old TT. It was previously stated by OP that it no longer feels like a mini Summoner's Rift, but instead Dominion. While in the minority, I strongly dislike Summoner's Rift and happen to love the heck out of Dominion. I went to Twisted Tree line when I wished to play a Rift-esque match without spending the same amount of time and patience.

Overall, I appreciate Riot's continued expansion and work on an already great game. Please take our criticism, good and bad, into consideration.

P.S. - Almost forgot, the jungle. It just feels so... empty and cramped at the same time, somehow. Perhaps its the decrease in size.

hardyharhar6

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platinum Agent View Post
It was previously stated by OP that it no longer feels like a mini Summoner's Rift, but instead Dominion. While in the minority, I strongly dislike Summoner's Rift and happen to love the heck out of Dominion. I went to Twisted Tree line when I wished to play a Rift-esque match without spending the same amount of time and patience.
This ^ Absolutely this. QFT.

Vulveteer

10-25-2012

I totally agree.

TT was a classic...this is obviously new and NOT a classic. I aprove of it, but you cannot eliminate an entire gameplay mode to make room for another. Not cool.

Jynsin

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goggris View Post
Please don't assume the role of spokesperson for an entire community of players by saying "we wanted this" or "we wanted that". You speak for yourself and only yourself. I am just as much a member of this community as anybody else and I am extremely excited and looking forward to these changes.
Well he agreed with me 100% and many other people, so when he says we just exclude yourself

HolyShtAugus

10-25-2012

Hello RIOT, I was primarily a TT player and have been waiting for this update for some time already.

How do I feel about this update? I think it's great.

I've felt that the greatest strength in TT is the a heavy emphasis on ganks and teamfights. That being said, pretty much everything in this new TT encourages both.

I've won more than my fair share of original TT through the turtle method and it's made those TT games far longer than they should have been.

Although Teemo is around 10 BILLION times more annoying on this map, I think the changes are appropriate if the goals were 1) speed up game times 2) increase the number of team fights 3) reduce turtling and 4) encourage a highly mobile / aggressive team comp.

Oznap

10-25-2012

The new capture points seems pretty dumb. They are generally short in terms of duration and generally act as a distraction to be worth the effort.

It should be around 10-15 mins duration so that every 2-3 mins people aren't scrambling around in the middle at lvl 1-4 trying to capture the points like morons.

There are no wards and yet there is Teemo. Something should be done about it. Maybe a ward that acts like a nidalee trap. Vision is considerably vital on the new map.

Nicksiren

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-26-2012

Updated a few things yesterday in OP, forgot to post.

hardyharhar6

10-26-2012

Bump. I like this thread still.

Destraega

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesh View Post
Hai guys.

I'm not going to try and tell you how you should think or what to feel about the reworked TT. I'm a high elo dominion player and also diamond in 3s. I've dedicated a lot of time over the last few months to learning and becoming good at our non-SR game modes. I'm not a designer or on either the dominion or TT team, but I can tell you as a player that the new mode really doesn't feel like dominion to me (and I LOVE dominion).

Are there a lot of things that still aren't perfect about the new TT? Sure. That's why we're releasing this as a beta. We read all of your comments on here and really do value your feedback. Change is hard and I know there will be a lot of knee-jerk reactions to the new changes. People see the altars and immediately think of them as capture and hold points like Dominion when really the gamemode doesn't feel anything like Dominion (to me, at least - like I said I don't want to tell you what you should think).

That said, posts like this one are extremely constructive and allow us to analyze what you guys like and don't like about the new mode. I know it's tempting to post things like "omg the new map mode sucks it's dominion/TT hybrid" but those really aren't constructive and don't engage us in conversation.

Instead, try to specifically outline what mechanics and changes make you feel that way. This post does a great job of approaching the specific elements that the OP doesn't like yet. Obviously, the map isn't even out on Live yet but as you guys have a chance to play it more, try to be constructive with feedback! The OP's post is a good example of what we're looking for ^_^
1.The map is twice as small
2.Jungling is no longer a viable option
3.No wards but free wards for certain classes
4.Ganking no longer takes skill or positioning
5.No skill needed for.. positioning other then combat.
6.Alot of good viable items disappeared
7.No more turtling
8.No more good comebacks from turtling which was a huge part of the old TT
9.No more sense of accomplishment from coming back after turtling
10.Dominion style gameplay (ya i said it)
11.No sneaking dragon.. or giant spider or whatever you wanna call it
12.Speed shrine makes no sense.
13.Why have a speed shrine or even nodes.. this isnt supposed to be dominion
14.Our beloved 3v3 version of SR is now gone
15.Map is twice as small...
16.My head hurts.
17.Please give us our map back
18.Atleast make it an additional map
19.WHHHHYYYYY?!?!?!