Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Twisted Dominionline

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VIOLENTxSHINOBI

10-25-2012

Quote:
WrathgarWarlord:
We just want the old TT to still be a playable map... why is this too much to ask for? Seriously?

Because they don't want to split the population for fear their map can't sustain on it's own and instead must absorb the TT players who don't choose to leave.

EarthruneSkarner

10-25-2012

Quote:
├ůzure:
Thank you for being the first Rioter to post in these sorts of threads, it'd be nice if rjcombo or Nome would post in these sorts of threads and have a dialogue. They only seem to be posting in the "this art is awesome" threads or about specific items rather than what aspects of the old treeline people are unhappy about losing.

And the art is awesome of course, but the longtime players of treeline would like at least a dialogue.

Street-cred for diamond in 3s, my team is around 50 elo away, and planning how to win those next couple games and experimenting with new strategies has been really fun.

I feel a lot of the changes were overreactions to the balance of the map and more of the qualities of it could have been preserved. Through runes, masteries, and an adaptive build I've made Anivia work on treeline at a high platinum level, and I've seen more Annie in treeline than I ever see on SR. I feel like the small community had barely scratched the surface of viable champions due to the small player base, and these changes feel severe in contrast to what was likely needed.

I just don't want them to wipe all the strategy from the map and replace it with dominion-like teamfights all the time, cause in the original treeline those early teamfights are optional as good warding and posturing can avoid them, which allows more champions to be viable through not only needing a strong early game. I'm sure you've played enough dominion to know those early windmill fights swing heavily in favor of the team with more tankyderps, and these altars make that a snowballing lead.

Removing wards hurt. Making the top jungle just a boss camp with no complexity hurt. and the altars really hurt. There are no longer tight corridors to make AoE from mages strong, nor walls for ADs to hide behind. As much as those walls helped people with blinks and jumps, I felt they were so central to the feel of the map, that losing that excessive amount of walls is something I'll really miss.

You explained in a few sentences what I could not do in paragraphs. I am disappointed with my mastery over communication.

I upvoted you, and hold the same perspective on the new map.

WrathgarWarlord

10-25-2012

Quote:
VIOLENTxSHINOBI:
Because they don't want to split the population for fear their map can't sustain on it's own and instead must absorb the TT players who don't choose to leave.

...sigh... this is probably right. I just wish Riot would address this question.

Aquilux

10-25-2012

Quote:
Vesh:
Hai guys.

I'm not going to try and tell you how you should think or what to feel about the reworked TT. I'm a high elo dominion player and also diamond in 3s. I've dedicated a lot of time over the last few months to learning and becoming good at our non-SR game modes. I'm not a designer or on either the dominion or TT team, but I can tell you as a player that the new mode really doesn't feel like dominion to me (and I LOVE dominion).

Are there a lot of things that still aren't perfect about the new TT? Sure. That's why we're releasing this as a beta. We read all of your comments on here and really do value your feedback. Change is hard and I know there will be a lot of knee-jerk reactions to the new changes. People see the altars and immediately think of them as capture and hold points like Dominion when really the gamemode doesn't feel anything like Dominion (to me, at least - like I said I don't want to tell you what you should think).

That said, posts like this one are extremely constructive and allow us to analyze what you guys like and don't like about the new mode. I know it's tempting to post things like "omg the new map mode sucks it's dominion/TT hybrid" but those really aren't constructive and don't engage us in conversation.

Instead, try to specifically outline what mechanics and changes make you feel that way. This post does a great job of approaching the specific elements that the OP doesn't like yet. Obviously, the map isn't even out on Live yet but as you guys have a chance to play it more, try to be constructive with feedback! The OP's post is a good example of what we're looking for ^_^

1) I love seeing red love for TT forums. Thank you.
2) I really wish Riot could have at least kept the old TT live until new TT beta testing was complete... As of now, TTers are stuck with an unbalanced, totally new map.
It really is a good map, despite my QQ on various threads, but it is a terrible replacement for reasons that other people complain about- for example, even the fact that altars exist change the gameplay to something other than what the original TT stood for. As an addition, new TT is awesome! As a replacement, it's no good. Is it really so hard to at least add old TT as a custom map? I am really disappointed that Riot hasn't entertained this idea yet, especially since they practically shoved the new TT down our throats so suddenly.

kaiRiot25

10-25-2012

First off, I know they were mostly bushes on the first map, but it just feels there is not as much of an actual treeline anymore. Just saying...

I agree the speed buff in the middle is not really useful. It may be of more use right by the bases, since the larger opening means enemies can now chase you in anyway. I found by the time I got to the middle, I was only going to the shrine anyway. The buff was too short to be of any use in the lanes.

Teemo is very hard to deal with on this new map since he can ward when no one else can.

It may just be the unfamiliarity, but in the first few matches, it was very, very hard to recover from an early lead. While this does mean shorter matches, it also means one side is likely to crush the other. At least in dominion, it's usually possible to turn a match around due to the passive gold.

I'm not sure what the game play goal of this map is. Despite watching the videos, it does not seem to have a clear style that is favored, other than early aces. The team fights happen early, but it seems with the extra gold on the map, one team gains an early advantage, and there are no clear escape routs, even with flash or teleport moves.

I also think this map is a bit too open. Champions that have moves based on hitting terrain have a hard time positioning on this map.

Noobtactical

10-25-2012

I think the new map is fine, it doesn't feel that far off from the old map and offers a wider selection of viable champs. I think the people freaking out are the ones who just like have the same exploitable bruiser champs to chose from and don't want to change.

IPorkedYourMom

10-25-2012

This is not an update, it is a new map in itself, taking the place of were 3v3 TT used to live

Bobbyjoe2

Recruiter

10-25-2012

Quote:
Vesh:
Hai guys.I'm a high elo dominion player and also diamond in 3s.

WTF. I didn't know dominion had ranked. I don't think it does so you must be lying or it is a typo

Alfirion

10-25-2012

I love the new map..I always hated how if someone was fed in TT they could own the top jungle for the rest of the match and just free farm infinity, so i'm glad that's gone. This new map is trying to implement more action based gameplay instead of farming and I enjoy that.

hardyharhar6

10-25-2012

Bump. This thread and original post are too awesome to let it fall off of page 1, let alone the first 5 spots :P