Lovecraftian Influence and Possible Cthulhu Champion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rattly

09-14-2010

After reading Malzahar's lore, I realized that he was heavily based on Abdul Alhazred from the HP Lovecraft Mythos. Obviously, someone at riot is heavily influenced by Lovecraft which makes for a very interesting possible future champion. It is listed in both Malzahar and Kogmaw's lore that there was "something" calling them. Could this be some awesome void Cthulhu that will eventually become a champion? I certainly hope so.

P.S. Look, I know half of you are going to say "ZOMG KASSADIN IS CTHULHU, IDIOT!" However, regardless of his Lovecraft inspired "Deep One" skin, Kassadin could not be further from Cthulhu, not to mention not nearly as cool. Four tubes do NOT equal tentacles, not to mention that originally he was just going to be a green dude in bondage gear, and not a floaty space helmet guy. Please give us a Cthulhu champ.

eZkiZofrenya

09-14-2010

or atleast a cthulhu skin of kass a VERY GOOD skin that would make me l2p with kass asap

Pigmeo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-14-2010

I too am a fan of the lovecraft mythos, and you are right to think malzahar is influenced by it, but it goes ar beyond that.

The whole Void theme is inspired in the lovecraft mythos, the mysterious Icathia city and the void champions have obvious references to the author's settings (ill post later on with more specific references right now im at college), and by the looks of it we will be getting more void/lovecraft themed champs in the future.

crimsonhunter

09-14-2010

I also love Lovecraft myths and yes i find all the matters related to the void to be inspired on Lovecraft, just by reading the story of cho'gath, kassadin and malzahar they all tell us about the great horrors that will come (we are DoOom!).

That great horror that will come is maybe a hint of a new monstrous champion.

Uaru

09-14-2010

As someone who's really in love with the lovecraftian mythos I'd love to see more void champions come. The two void champs (cho and kog) so far have just been hungry demons basically.

What would really be interesting is a champion who really embodies what lovecraft imagined, a void creature that's the embodiment of madness and is driven by motives noone could understand.
Suppose a champion with no semblance of sanity or speech would be an interesting addition.

Pigmeo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-14-2010

I like what you propose Uaru, it reminds me of a champion someone proposed a long time ago, his whole playstyle was based upon psychological pressure, i could see some void champ with a similar playstyle, with erratic skills and confusing your enemy, also with lots of ilusions and intersting special effects so as to drive your champion mad, and even the actual player by a certain degree.

Von Nicklesnout

09-14-2010

Though not officially a part of the Cthulhu mythos, a monster based on the abomination from Dagon would be both interesting and scary at the same time... Or maybe Herbert West for a necromancer champion?

The Burning Waffle

09-14-2010

Who was the doctor in lovecraftian mythos that kept himself alive long past his death through cold? It always slips from my mind, but i know he'd make a good skin basis for an ice based champion

Von Nicklesnout

09-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Burning Waffle View Post
Who was the doctor in lovecraftian mythos that kept himself alive long past his death through cold? It always slips from my mind, but i know he'd make a good skin basis for an ice based champion
Dr. Muņoz was his name, the story I believe was Cool Air?

Although one can see how Malzahar can be compared to Abdul, always thought he was more of a homage to the story From Beyond due to them looking into different dimensions, and Mal being primarily affected via his eyesight.

The Burning Waffle

09-14-2010

Munoz, thats it, i knew it started with an M, i actually got out my copy of the Necronomicon after i saw this thread lol, and Malz is definately more of an homage to From Beyond. However, if the void trend keeps up, i may have to be prepared to yell "Cthulhu Fthagn!"