Xerath, Sorcerer's Shoes or Ionian Boots?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tis a nice day

10-19-2012

Which boots should I get on Xerath?

Flat magic penetration seem like the natural way for a caster to go, especially since Xerath's AP ratios aren't really that great, yet his % resistance penetration makes getting cooldown reduction look a lot more viable.

iDpark

10-20-2012

Depends on your other items. If you plan to rush a deathcap + void then go cdr boots.
I play with athenes first, then cap. so sorcs for me.

Aqualisk

10-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tis a nice day View Post
Which boots should I get on Xerath?

Flat magic penetration seem like the natural way for a caster to go, especially since Xerath's AP ratios aren't really that great, yet his % resistance penetration makes getting cooldown reduction look a lot more viable.
Sorc boots. I know it's tempting to get CDR boots on Xerath because he feels like a wet noodle when his ultimate is on cooldown, but being able to secure a kill with the help of spell pen is always more helpful than having your spells come back sooner. Xerath is rarely in range for an ignite so your finisher is usually your ultimate or Q with Locus and you need these to hit as hard as possible to finish the job.

Xerath is pretty good at clearing waves and you can safely get an Athene's to give you more CDR than boots would and also help with mana.

Devious Rogue

10-20-2012

Sorcs always scales better than anything for Casters. Increases your damage against squishies by ~15%.

Invisibleally

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-20-2012

Probably want to go Sorc boots. I'm assuming you are going to grab Morello's tome (covering CDR +mana regen)