Help Draft Pick?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ethri

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-19-2012

What do you do when all the roles are called at the beginning and it is impossible for you to play the last role (aka not having the runes to make it through the jungle and only one available jungler that is easily counterpicked). Even when you tell the team they say nothing.

Would it be better to take a role someone else shouted out at the start (possibility of them trolling), leave the game, or try to change the meta by running something such as top support (which seems to work well imo)?

I usually choose the latter 2 options personally, but I want to get the opinions of others on what they would suggest doing.

ProPlayerEd

10-20-2012

Thats why you need to come prepared, have general rune pages and masteries for all roles & be able to play all roles effectively.

You have to be flexible with these people and sometimes have to deal with these situations for the better.

I dont know if this is the greatest of advice but its what i can tell you. Hope you have better luck next time

MaximusEvil

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-20-2012

Since I refuse to spend $$$ on a free game I only have 2 runepages. and they can be run for every position except mid AP carry, and I generally tell my team that I suck mid ap carry(I do). And even If im forced to go mid ap carry, I just pick ryze, and run my support page, starting with +21 armor/MR per lvl/and +3 gold generation, usually helps me survive until team fights, and with all the extra amror early game, if they pick an AD jungler, I can usually survive an early gank quite easily.

Ethri

10-20-2012

I was just wondering because I currently have 3 rune pages... Support (my specialty), Ad carry (also use for bruiser top), and Ap mid.

I can use one of those rune pages for jungle, but my only jungler is Amumu (easily countered) and I am absolutely terrible when it comes to getting kills from ganks. After playing "fill in the last role available" for a while until I found that I am a horrible jungler because of my desire to help all lanes. So it usually ended up that I would be in the lane 90% of the time and the second I left the lanes to get a buff, we would lose a tower.

So why would it be better to fill a role you know will cause your team to lose?