Victorious Janna Heralds Season Two Rewards

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RighteousFreed

10-19-2012

how will the soft reset work? will it be ur current elo divided by two and add 600? heard some peopele saying that the other day.

GeneralMitch

10-19-2012

Cool!

Toysoldier

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GdLk View Post
i don't see this fair, 3v3 teams have to play few games to get 1450 and earn gold, and is so much harder in solo q and requires more elo, in what is based this? im 1450+ in solo q, that is lot harder than 3v3 and no rewards 4 me, :'(
Then play 3v3.

Also note that if you won all placement games in solo queue you would be very high gold just like winning lots of games on a new ranked team.

You can't compare elo gains from first 20 games on a new ranked team to the elo games when someone has over 100 games in ranked.

VoltNinjA

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Recruiter

10-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hak3n View Post
Is the skin permanent?
l0l0l0l0l

Dirge Farum

10-19-2012

T_T Please Riot, if you're going to release a Ranked Rating skin for a Champion I love to play, PLEASE tell us six months in advance so I can have an actual shot at earning the skin T_T

Yegg

Game Designer

Follow Yegg on Twitter

10-19-2012
9 of 29 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapZero View Post
How does this make any sense? So people who are 2k will still be 2k after the ELO reset and people who as below 1k will still be below 1k after the reset? Seems extremely stupid if that is how it goes down.
Not exactly, no. A soft reset essentially takes in a number, runs it through a formula, and returns another number which is the Elo at which you will start Season 3. The goal of this is to compress everyone towards 1200 so that players on the lower end of the Elo spectrum have a chance to climb out of it and players on the higher end have to prove themselves again.

What I meant is that the number that we're feeding into the formula will be your Current Rating + 50. The output will be your rating at the start of your Season 3 provisional matches. We're also resetting system confidence in your rating so that you'll gain and lose Elo (based on wins and losses) at rates similar to when you started playing Ranked.

DNAgent

10-19-2012

Janna is garbage tier. Do not want.

SeriousWeapon

10-19-2012

why don't people who reach gold get the gold forum badge like S1????

samson920

10-19-2012

When is the Shadow Isles patch scheduled to happen? Will there be downtime associated with it?

iMyung

10-19-2012

Will there be renewed placement matches after the soft reset?