Victorious Janna Heralds Season Two Rewards

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fancy Foxy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarikLaw View Post
Sorry but you're wrong.

First off paying money for this game does mean something, it means the player has chosen to support Riot financially. Saying that it "doesn't mean anything" just shows your ignorance on the matters of business practices.

Secondly, I hate to break it to you but the the Ranked/Competitive scene in LoL is the MINORITY. Historically, companies which cater to a minority over the majority tend not to stay in business for very long. Sure the skin is a vanity item, but that's not the point, the point is that a particular minority is getting privileged for having A) more free time than anyone else and B) for playing a particular game mode over the others while others who choose not to play Ranked and still support this game (such people who just happen to be the majority in the game) get told that they aren't worth the effort. That, sir, is the problem, so quit deluding yourself.

Most people don't care about Forum Icons or Summoner Avatars, but a skin is something that everyone of any game type or any play style can enjoy, so why exclude it to a minority? A good chunk of the people getting this skin don't even deserve to be at Gold or higher ranking, I've seen some of them play and had to facepalm at how bad they were and kept wondering "how are these people this high of a rank?" I'll tell you why, because they either got lucky in matchmaking pairings and stopped playing Ranked after hitting Gold OR they boosted and in which case should be outright banned from Ranked entirely.

How would you feel if you tried so hard to get to where you were or helped finance a company only for said company to give goodies to some guy who just weaseled his way into those same positions? You wouldn't feel too good about that would you? That's precisely how a lot of LoL players are feeling as evident from the replies to this announcement. Promoting and encouraging elitism is just going to push players who have no interest in that (see: majority) to other games, which is why many popular games tone down giving too much reward or praise to said elitist players because it segregates the majority and scares them away.
Well first of all you act like they spam these "elitists" with prizes. No its a once a season reward. And its a reward for a reason. EVERONE knows this was going to happen. So if you dont play the certain game mode it is then your choice for not even trying to get the reward. Ill use an example of world of warcraft and the arena system....I have mounts and titles not many people have. Should the rest of the people cry cause they didnt give mounts out to anyone who played the game even tho they pay just as much a month as those "elitists" who did what they needed to get done.

Oh and also this minority you talk about the high ranked people that stream and whatnot...those are the people keeping riot in business. Without the streamers and those fans this game wouldnt be as globally popular as it is right now. So i stick to my original statement that just cause you have spent money on this game doesnt entitle you to any special reward.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kross Kawasaki

Senior Member

10-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDmac View Post
Trist skin was free. Alistar skin was free. Panth skin was free. Corki skin was free. Rammus skin was free. Kayle skin was free. Jarvan skin was free. Are you gonna cry cause you dont have any of those ones either? Every free skin has had some sort of prerequisite. Wether its a certain rating or you played at a specific time, or you clicked a button on facebook.

Also if that gold rated player never payed any money in game and still got gold and got that skin then he deserved it more than the guy who spends 200 a month on rp and still didnt get the rating requirement. And to your "not paying riots rent" comment. You act like hes obligated to pay money on a free to play game. Who cares if he has spent a thousand dollars of zero dollars. No matter what everyone whos not good enough at this game to get the skin are gonna cry. Its just how its gonna be. Just like last season. People cried cause they couldnt get the J4 skin cause they werent good enough for gold.

You are so wrong.
I dont have time to concern about being gold. I play for fun, why not?

He is not obligated, u got me wrong.
But, WHY REWARD (GOLD PLAYERS) AND NOT WHO GIVES $$$ TO THE GAME???

Like i said, in the real world, money that make things possible.
You go to the market and pay with GOLD RANKED BADGE?


Well... im disapointed with Riot, If the season ends and it is the outcome.

I will be more one of this FREE TO PLAY GUYS, and instead of buying $50 RP to hear things from you, i will buy DOTA2 for $25...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fancy Foxy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-23-2012

Edit: Double post


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fancy Foxy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kross Kawasaki View Post
You are so wrong.
I dont have time to concern about being gold. I play for fun, why not?

He is not obligated, u got me wrong.
But, WHY REWARD (GOLD PLAYERS) AND NOT WHO GIVES $$$ TO THE GAME???

Like i said, in the real world, money that make things possible.
You go to the market and pay with GOLD RANKED BADGE?


Well... im disapointed with Riot, If the season ends and it is the outcome.

I will be more one of this FREE TO PLAY GUYS, and instead of buying $50 RP to hear things from you, i will buy DOTA2 for $25...
You act like your the only person who pays in this game..i can guarantee you the majority of those ranked players have spent rp as well. Also your trying to talk real life and all this stuff....No your not gonna go to the market saying you were gold. But this isnt real life..its a game. And these ranked players (the minority) that keep this game running. They made wayy more money at the tournaments than just sitting here with the "fun and casual" players playing this game spendin their 50 bucks. Plus go ahread and leave riot already has your money. Not like you can get a refund cause your mad they reward the more skilled.

Also you said you dont have time to worry about gold? So that means you dont play this game at all ever. 1 game a week. hell 1 game a month from the season start and you could get gold. Providing you can play the game at a decent skill lvl.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kross Kawasaki

Senior Member

10-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDmac View Post
You act like your the only person who pays in this game..i can guarantee you the majority of those ranked players have spent rp as well. Also your trying to talk real life and all this stuff....No your not gonna go to the market saying you were gold. But this isnt real life..its a game. And these ranked players (the minority) that keep this game running. They made wayy more money at the tournaments than just sitting here with the "fun and casual" players playing this game spendin their 50 bucks. Plus go ahread and leave riot already has your money. Not like you can get a refund cause your mad they reward the more skilled.

Also you said you dont have time to worry about gold? So that means you dont play this game at all ever. 1 game a week. hell 1 game a month from the season start and you could get gold. Providing you can play the game at a decent skill lvl.
No. Im not the only one who pays... thats why... i want the same for EVERYONE WHO PAYS... not only me.

"Providing you can play the game at a decent skill lvl."

Like i said before, i play for fun, not to be a professional.
I dont deserve the skin because of this? What u think?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fancy Foxy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-23-2012

Yeah thats pretty much what riots trying to say.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WolfStar76

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Junior Member

10-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kross Kawasaki View Post
No. Im not the only one who pays... thats why... i want the same for EVERYONE WHO PAYS... not only me.

"Providing you can play the game at a decent skill lvl."

Like i said before, i play for fun, not to be a professional.
I dont deserve the skin because of this? What u think?
Honestly? And I say this as a paying customer who only plays casually - so I'm in the same boat as you: No, you (we) don't deserve this free skin for that - if only because this skin is a reward of sorts to people who DO want to play more seriously/agressively.

Would *some* sort of bonus for people who are still in the more casual group be nice? Sure. Heck, I'd happily accept something like a "thank you" one-day IP boost or something similar.

Do I feel entitled to it? Well, no, not really. I've got what I've paid for. I'm supporting a game and company I really enjoy, and I've used my RP on the things I've wanted. That's the limit of Riot's obligation to me.

A "thank you gift" would be nice, but I'm not gonna be upset if one doesn't come along.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mikey4realz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfStar76 View Post
Honestly? And I say this as a paying customer who only plays casually - so I'm in the same boat as you: No, you (we) don't deserve this free skin for that - if only because this skin is a reward of sorts to people who DO want to play more seriously/agressively.

Would *some* sort of bonus for people who are still in the more casual group be nice? Sure. Heck, I'd happily accept something like a "thank you" one-day IP boost or something similar.

Do I feel entitled to it? Well, no, not really. I've got what I've paid for. I'm supporting a game and company I really enjoy, and I've used my RP on the things I've wanted. That's the limit of Riot's obligation to me.

A "thank you gift" would be nice, but I'm not gonna be upset if one doesn't come along.
So basically something like last year. They gave away judicator kayle if you played 10 games at least. Then victorious jarven for gold rating+


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fancy Foxy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfStar76 View Post
Honestly? And I say this as a paying customer who only plays casually - so I'm in the same boat as you: No, you (we) don't deserve this free skin for that - if only because this skin is a reward of sorts to people who DO want to play more seriously/agressively.

Would *some* sort of bonus for people who are still in the more casual group be nice? Sure. Heck, I'd happily accept something like a "thank you" one-day IP boost or something similar.

Do I feel entitled to it? Well, no, not really. I've got what I've paid for. I'm supporting a game and company I really enjoy, and I've used my RP on the things I've wanted. That's the limit of Riot's obligation to me.

A "thank you gift" would be nice, but I'm not gonna be upset if one doesn't come along.
OMGOSH someone who actually gets it...Thank you so much for this. This guy has acted like riot doesnt ever give away stuff ever to anyone. Hell they have even given away 1k rp in the past to everyone. And on a side note we just had a 48 hours IP boost. They didnt have to do that.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cptain Ks

Junior Member

10-24-2012

So the elo reset is youre current elo + 50 ? so if im 2k now i be 2050 next season am i correct ?