Victorious Janna Heralds Season Two Rewards

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

dbs14

10-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kross Kawasaki View Post
You are just making excuses to not pay for something.

Here, in the real world... everything is about money.
If you disagree with this, probably... u dont work to get it.

Well, I do... and... when i spend here, i want some consideration... at least.
If you play ranked or not, are competitively or not... this doesnt mean ****...

You can be 1520 ELO, and never bought a 520RP skin... In other words, in the real world... u havent helped to pay the riot's rent.
In the fantasy world... all that u said can be true.

Everybody should gain 1 skin.
Ranked could gain an extra skin.

Nice post. +1

And if that were to happen... we would be seeing posts of "it's not fair that ranked players are getting an extra skin", etc.

Starvola

10-23-2012

Janna is wearing cloths... how scandalous!

EliteFourWolfie

10-23-2012

So I'm confused.

My buddies and I are almost finished with our TT placements. Currently we're on a 4 win streak, so we're guaranteed Gold. Would we still need to get one more win for it to count, or would we be set?

james616616

10-23-2012

(galaxy) S threeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee e

BRAlNFART

10-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDmac View Post
First of all people are never going to stop buying RP. So you cant even have that as an argument. And even besides the fact, paying money for this game doesnt mean ****. This isnt a pay to progress game. There isnt a single thing in this game you can get in this game that can help you that you cant get for free anyways. Only thing buying Rp does is trade your money for your time. And if you argue skins. Those are just vanity items and dont really matter. The reward skin is just that a reward to the people who did what they had to do. Its been known for a long time it was going to happen. And its just annoying to see people complain they cant get it now.

What your saying is give everyone that plays the game a skin they did nothing to earn. This game is more favorable to the competitive scene. They arent going to give you a prize for playing 400 games of normals that dont mean ****. They are going to reward the players who play ranked and play competitively.
Yeah so your saying consumers money doesn't matter? Lmao when you come back to reality post more. If it was not for all the money the average player drops into Riot they would not be able to provide a better product and be able to continue improving it as much as they have been because it would not be cost effective. And btw the superiority complex you try to display is ridiculous your not better then the average player who puts time and more money into this game. Your just a leach that reaps the benefit's those average players cash brings you, such as larger tournaments, streams, constant improvements to the game, new champs etc...

ReaverKing

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-23-2012

There's still something to be said for exclusive content to represent achievement. Otherwise why go to tournaments if not for the recognition that you're the best and the prizes.

...Although, you'd think the skins would be for a champion the winning team used a lot. Otherwise when are they ever going to show it off?

BRAlNFART

10-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaverKing View Post
There's still something to be said for exclusive content to represent achievement. Otherwise why go to tournaments if not for the recognition that you're the best and the prizes.

...Although, you'd think the skins would be for a champion the winning team used a lot. Otherwise when are they ever going to show it off?
First, this is an end of a season not a tournament. Second, teams that actually compete in REAL tournaments enter them and don't only play ranked "pretending" they're in an actual tournament for prize money. Third the skin should be a gift to all the loyal fans, to everyone who puts in their time and money into this game. Diamond and Gold tier should get RP as prizes if you all want to pretend this is some kind of tournament.

BigDmac

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-23-2012

Quote:

You can be 1520 ELO, and never bought a 520RP skin... In other words, in the real world... u havent helped to pay the riot's rent.

Trist skin was free. Alistar skin was free. Panth skin was free. Corki skin was free. Rammus skin was free. Kayle skin was free. Jarvan skin was free. Are you gonna cry cause you dont have any of those ones either? Every free skin has had some sort of prerequisite. Wether its a certain rating or you played at a specific time, or you clicked a button on facebook.

Also if that gold rated player never payed any money in game and still got gold and got that skin then he deserved it more than the guy who spends 200 a month on rp and still didnt get the rating requirement. And to your "not paying riots rent" comment. You act like hes obligated to pay money on a free to play game. Who cares if he has spent a thousand dollars of zero dollars. No matter what everyone whos not good enough at this game to get the skin are gonna cry. Its just how its gonna be. Just like last season. People cried cause they couldnt get the J4 skin cause they werent good enough for gold.

arenalol

10-23-2012

Quote:

oh you want something cause you bought rp? oh noes. How about you go buy a skin with it...tadaaa theres your reward you crybaby. And if you so butthurt about riot not praising you for giving them money...then dont do it..its really that simple. But until then you really cant complain about anything. Its a free game..and your complaining for not getting more free stuff. Have you ever heard the phrase there are some things money cant buy. And like the guy said above me they have given out plenty of free skins over the course of this game. Your just angry cause you cant get a skin that requires you to not be bad.

On another note They are coming out with icons that can only be recieved by purchasing RP. There you go theres your "consideration"

MarikLaw

10-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDmac View Post
First of all people are never going to stop buying RP. So you cant even have that as an argument. And even besides the fact, paying money for this game doesnt mean ****. This isnt a pay to progress game. There isnt a single thing in this game you can get in this game that can help you that you cant get for free anyways. Only thing buying Rp does is trade your money for your time. And if you argue skins. Those are just vanity items and dont really matter. The reward skin is just that a reward to the people who did what they had to do. Its been known for a long time it was going to happen. And its just annoying to see people complain they cant get it now.

What your saying is give everyone that plays the game a skin they did nothing to earn. This game is more favorable to the competitive scene. They arent going to give you a prize for playing 400 games of normals that dont mean ****. They are going to reward the players who play ranked and play competitively.
Sorry but you're wrong.

First off paying money for this game does mean something, it means the player has chosen to support Riot financially. Saying that it "doesn't mean anything" just shows your ignorance on the matters of business practices.

Secondly, I hate to break it to you but the the Ranked/Competitive scene in LoL is the MINORITY. Historically, companies which cater to a minority over the majority tend not to stay in business for very long. Sure the skin is a vanity item, but that's not the point, the point is that a particular minority is getting privileged for having A) more free time than anyone else and B) for playing a particular game mode over the others while others who choose not to play Ranked and still support this game (such people who just happen to be the majority in the game) get told that they aren't worth the effort. That, sir, is the problem, so quit deluding yourself.

Most people don't care about Forum Icons or Summoner Avatars, but a skin is something that everyone of any game type or any play style can enjoy, so why exclude it to a minority? A good chunk of the people getting this skin don't even deserve to be at Gold or higher ranking, I've seen some of them play and had to facepalm at how bad they were and kept wondering "how are these people this high of a rank?" I'll tell you why, because they either got lucky in matchmaking pairings and stopped playing Ranked after hitting Gold OR they boosted and in which case should be outright banned from Ranked entirely.

How would you feel if you tried so hard to get to where you were or helped finance a company only for said company to give goodies to some guy who just weaseled his way into those same positions? You wouldn't feel too good about that would you? That's precisely how a lot of LoL players are feeling as evident from the replies to this announcement. Promoting and encouraging elitism is just going to push players who have no interest in that (see: majority) to other games, which is why many popular games tone down giving too much reward or praise to said elitist players because it segregates the majority and scares them away.