Victorious Janna Heralds Season Two Rewards

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BarackOjama

Recruiter

10-19-2012

hey yegg i got a question for you, my friend davin brought me here and i couldnt really find a answer online so here it goes, if you reach gold on a team, but the team is disbanded would i still get gold?

Kaze Zoku

10-19-2012

Errrr mah gerddd!

when is the last day to get gold status Elo?

Does twisted tree line ranked teams count?

Eltotsira

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-19-2012

May I ask why no participation skin like judicator kayle from s1?

Im Wild Rain

10-19-2012

If someone gets Gold last season, and did not play ranked at all this season, will they keep their gold banner on their profile?

RepulsiveHobo

10-19-2012

Lu Bu Jarvan where?

Para

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-19-2012

I don't fully like the fact that it is based off of top elo...

It feels like it will help inflate the number of "gold" elo players rather than actually award those who fought their way to gold and stayed in it.

drunkgamer

10-19-2012

i quess i just suck with janna

Yegg

Game Designer

Follow Yegg on Twitter

10-19-2012
16 of 29 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master555 View Post
If someone gets Gold last season, and did not play ranked at all this season, will they keep their gold banner on their profile?
No, the profile banner trim will be based on performance in the previous season. We considered other options like using the best tier that had ever been achieved, but we think it's more exciting this way; every season matters.

And eventually I'd like to add a way to see what tiers you achieved in all of the previous seasons, as a "trophy room" of sorts. We aren't working on anything like that right now, but maybe some day!

Wonderbolts

10-19-2012

worthless, remove ranked, it fails

Yegg

Game Designer

Follow Yegg on Twitter

10-19-2012
17 of 29 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Para View Post
I don't fully like the fact that it is based off of top elo...

It feels like it will help inflate the number of "gold" elo players rather than actually award those who fought their way to gold and stayed in it.
The problem with using current Elo was that there wasn't any reason to continue fighting to stay in Gold. In that world, the way to win was to not play the game, because you'd keep your Gold for sure that way.

With top Elo, players can keep playing ranked if that's what they enjoy, and as a bonus maybe they'll make some progress towards Platinum along the way.