How long should the Shadow Isles and Harrowing skins be in the Store?

All six of the skins should be in the store for the holiday only (legacy skins) 4,248 41.77%
All six of the skins should be permanently in the store 1,801 17.71%
Shadow Isles should be legacy, and Harrowing should be permanent 560 5.51%
Shadow Isles should be permanent, and Harrowing should be legacy 3,560 35.01%
Voters: 10169. You may not vote on this poll

Harrowing / Shadow Isles Skin Poll

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MegaDeth4

10-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CiaphasCainX View Post
Completely off topic, but what I would have given for skins for Karthus, Morde, and Eve instead of Brand, Ryze, and Fiora for The Shadow Isles/Harrowing. I love Zombie Brand but man it's kinda lame.
... and Yorick. He's from Shadow Isles and this was perfect oppurtunity for him to recieve a new skin, but no we must have more Ryze skins instead + best skins not even being limited or legacy, i fell like Riot is trolling us or just failing extremely hard.

UberTacticool

10-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteVein View Post
I'm not sure I understand your post, so I'm going to rephrase what I said.

I never once said that all skins should be permanent, holiday skins being temporary is totally cool with me, we get new holiday skins every year and the old ones are gone. I'm cool with that.

This Shadow Isles 'event' is not the harrowing though, and as such they skins should not be temporary. You can piss right off with that 'we most likely support riot the most' bull****, though. I am just as much a customer as you, the quantity you have spent is irrelevant.
i agree with this but i just keep going back to that hecarim skin. a big part of me wanted it to be limited, being in my top 5 favorite champs and all. honestly, aside from my personal reasons, he is the most halloween looking skin in the bunch so why make him available year round?

Astoundment

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-20-2012

If Harrowing and Shadow Isles are legacy, I WILL BUY THEM ALL! The "Get them now or they're gone!" business tactic really beats me. If none of them are legacy, not a single cent will be spent by me. If Riot wants to make a large amount of money in 1 go, make them all legacy.

CaptainCupcake

10-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aavri View Post
You can get exclusive skins from more then just holidays.

Pax, Pax east, other events riot goes to, Championship skins. All those are exclusives. Holiday skins shouldn't. They should be holiday skins, as in they show up every holiday.
Pax/ other conventions you have to attend. I'm talking about holidays where you can buy exclusivity. The reason why Halloween Nid is cool is because it's a cool skin - but it was raised to a special status because its now rare. I don't see a problem with a few skins becoming rare every year to those who are willing to shell out $10 or more dollars. That's alot of money for just a graphical change - you can see many great skinners and modelers make amazing skins for free. Hell, I'll even say it $10 for a costume change on your digital doll is a ripoff - but I like to think of it as supporting the game I love. Now Riot has done nothing but angered me lately with the rentable purchasing test and now this. Hippalus has rubbed me very much the wrong way. I know I've been waiting all year to see what comes up Halloween, now it just doesn't feel special. I'd rather wait until they hit retirement or sale.

CiaphasCainX

10-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaDeth4 View Post
... and Yorick. He's from Shadow Isles and this was perfect oppurtunity for him to recieve a new skin, but no we must have more Ryze skins instead + best skins not even being limited or legacy, i fell like Riot is trolling us or just failing extremely hard.
When was the last time any of the Shadow Isles champs besides Hec got a skin? Evelyn's are abysmal, Karthus' aren't much better, and Morde and Yorick really only have two good ones (Now that I think about it, Morde really only has one). Hell, Eve and Karthus still have god awful splash art. I dunno, just kinda lame that we got fan service, a Ryze skin (as if he hasnt had enough over the years) and a Brand one (Though I do love it and Brand) instead of updates for the Shadow Isles champs.

Vempyre

10-20-2012

All Legacy would be great to me. I may be biased here cause Maokai and Hecarim are some of my favorite champions, but having a Halloween legend inspired skin for Hecarim and having it perma would be silly. It's like if you had a Santa Gragas buy-able in July. Though I could somewhat understand Maokai's skin being perma, unless he had like Halloweenish particles ( Tomb stones on his Ult and such )

Heck, I think Heart Vayne should have been a Legacy, and I wasn't even playing back then.

I may not even buy either the Maokai or Hecarim skins if they aren't legacy. =/ I'd just wait for eons till they go on sale if that was the case. I even bought RP for both of them if they were 975.

I agree that Pirate Ryze should be a perma skin, he already has his Zombie skin, why give him 2 Halloween skins when there are 100's of other champs that deserve one more? ( Like everyone said, Yorick or Evelynn )

Underworld Twisted fate is also very Halloween only IMO.

Will be looking forward to my first Harrowing but will be frowny face if the skins aren't legacy. =(

XVIII The Moon

10-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astoundment View Post
If Harrowing and Shadow Isles are legacy, I WILL BUY THEM ALL! The "Get them now or they're gone!" business tactic really beats me. If none of them are legacy, not a single cent will be spent by me. If Riot wants to make a large amount of money in 1 go, make them all legacy.
yes, a large quick sum.

However, in long term sales, it would be better to have them permanent, or at least exclusive to the holiday.

It's like like if you had a choice between a pill that releases your pain temporary, or a pill that doesn't release it but it goes away after taking the pill a few times. Which one would you choose?

Ogrecakes

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-20-2012

Oh common, they should atleast put Headless Hecarim up as legacy -.-

50% of the appeal was the fact that it was a limited edition skin...

UberTacticool

10-20-2012

off topic but BloodTree is a bro!

CaptainCupcake

10-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuotedRaven View Post
All Legacy would be great to me. I may be biased here cause Maokai and Hecarim are some of my favorite champions, but having a Halloween legend inspired skin for Hecarim and having it perma would be silly. It's like if you had a Santa Gragas buy-able in July. Though I could somewhat understand Maokai's skin being perma, unless he had like Halloweenish particles ( Tomb stones on his Ult and such )

Heck, I think Heart Vayne should have been a Legacy, and I wasn't even playing back then.

I may not even buy either the Maokai or Hecarim skins if they aren't legacy. =/ I'd just wait for eons till they go on sale if that was the case. I even bought RP for both of them if they were 975.

I agree that Pirate Ryze should be a perma skin, he already has his Zombie skin, why give him 2 Halloween skins when there are 100's of other champs that deserve one more? ( Like everyone said, Yorick or Evelynn )

Underworld Twisted fate is also very Halloween only IMO.

Will be looking forward to my first Harrowing but will be frowny face if the skins aren't legacy. =(
The problem is the reason they seem like Halloween skins is because they ARE Halloween skins. It's only Hippalus who at the last minute changed everything up with a poll with an abysmal sample size. From a business standpoint, it just smells like money-grubbing greed.