Sponsorship changes, new NA teams please.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sebie

11-03-2012

Although I don't play very much LoL, I was certainly a big fan of e-sports and watching LoL in particular.

The North America scene has totally fallen off. I can't really get behind any North America team, because they are not at the professional level of gaming.

It seems like the monetary backing behind this game, has perpetuated the existence of teams that are no longer competitive, professional, or skilled at a world class level.

It's really turned me off from watching LoL,or subscribing to e-sports channels that host LoL games.

Does anyone else feel that North America needs some fresh talent?

type1Rush

11-03-2012

Yes they do..

and Riot Games whats YOU to create a team and start competing, to see if you are capable of keeping up, or even surpassing, the current NA Elite.

KaneChrono

11-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebie View Post
Although I don't play very much LoL, I was certainly a big fan of e-sports and watching LoL in particular.

The North America scene has totally fallen off. I can't really get behind any North America team, because they are not at the professional level of gaming.

It seems like the monetary backing behind this game, has perpetuated the existence of teams that are no longer competitive, professional, or skilled at a world class level.

It's really turned me off from watching LoL,or subscribing to e-sports channels that host LoL games.

Does anyone else feel that North America needs some fresh talent?
Theres already a tournament planned to bring in new pros for NA.

type1Rush

11-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneChrono View Post
Theres already a tournament planned to bring in new pros for NA.
Wish I was good enough to be on a team to try out for that =(.. If only heart mattered in this game, but alas, only skill matters, and I am lacking in that department by a bit.

CrystalisX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-03-2012

Well certainly the recent tournaments (Season 2 World Playoffs and MLG Dallas) have shown NA to be behind both Europe and Asia. So quite clearly it seems to be Asia > Europe > NA in league of legends. I think an improved attitude by the NA teams is in order especially with how they have been beaten in convincing fashion whenever they face a non-NA opponent. Once their attitude of how they approach the game and practice accordingly, then NA should be able to catch back up to at least compete with the rest of the world.

CrystalisX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4set View Post
Wish I was good enough to be on a team to try out for that =(.. If only heart mattered in this game, but alas, only skill matters, and I am lacking in that department by a bit.
I think heart matters a lot in the game, as the skill you speak of can be gained through proper diligence in practice. Every single "skill" that you can think of can be trained and learned through enough practice. Just most of us don't have the heart to dedicate ourselves to that level of training (This also includes the NA pro teams as they are currently behind the rest of the world.)

type1Rush

11-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalisX View Post
I think heart matters a lot in the game, as the skill you speak of can be gained through proper diligence in practice. Every single "skill" that you can think of can be trained and learned through enough practice. Just most of us don't have the heart to dedicate ourselves to that level of training (This also includes the NA pro teams as they are currently behind the rest of the world.)
Haha, if it could replace actually having to deal with the grind of a 9-5 every day, I could sink a few more years into a game.. Sadly S. Korea only ever invited 3 foreigners into their Starcraft/BroodWar scene =(.. 14 wasted years, but lots of memories..

Sebie

11-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4set View Post
Haha, if it could replace actually having to deal with the grind of a 9-5 every day, I could sink a few more years into a game.. Sadly S. Korea only ever invited 3 foreigners into their Starcraft/BroodWar scene =(.. 14 wasted years, but lots of memories..
Ahh to be young, with all the time in the world, and reflexes to spare.