Inside Design: Weaving the Spider Queen’s Web

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS1c5019c283e69d4080426

10-23-2012

I'm not too impressed, sorry. She just looks too safe.(character -design vise)
Imma break this down, step by step:
-1 She's basically Evelynn. Her general look, her attitude, her animation. Her spider legs might as well be Eve's cape.

-b) You separated her human form and her spider form. You probably did this for 1 simple reason. So you can have her human form look like every other female mage in the game, rather than put in the time to make an actually interesting half-human hybrid. Besides, who'd wanna **** a half-spider woman, right?

- article-29, subsection c ) Bland color scheme. : QUICK! What's the first thing you think of when someone mentions a spider queen? .... A Black Widow. What's that colored? Red and black...... Wow so original.

-Speaking of , when you think of a black widow, what do you think of (except Scarlet Johanson's ass) ?
A crazy ass woman who seduces dudes. .. There, that's her personality. No motives, no nothing. She's a black widow who kills dudes... like Eve.

-Her artwork is actually pretty clever. Those heels actually make her look spindly and spider-like, and her thinness do, in fact make her look a little unsettling. A shame that all of that DIDN'T make it into the actual game, cause you just used "standard_female_model_02" , which you probably used in syndra, Zyra, the new eve, etc.

Look, you put out a looooot of really good character designs. I still look at Singed's overall design as one of the BEST character designs ever made in a video game. But this is lazy on your part. Look at how colorful and originial and DIFFERENT the old spider queen looked like http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-vV0giyVJNM...piderqueen.jpg

MaskedTearZ

10-23-2012

So this is a champion not a new creep?

JollyRodge

10-23-2012

Quote:
She does the cancan as her dance. Naturally, it was the best fit considering the legs and all, but we thought it would be really cute if the spiders danced along with her. So they do. Adorable.
Hilarious. I love it. the only way for this to be better were for her to have a Western Saloon girl Skin, then it would be perfect.

Flipside42

10-23-2012

soo she was originally too scary id REALLY like to know how that was possible

Zeratoth

10-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apopei Viorel II View Post
I'm not too impressed, sorry. She just looks too safe.(character -design vise)
Imma break this down, step by step:
-1 She's basically Evelynn. Her general look, her attitude, her animation. Her spider legs might as well be Eve's cape.

-b) You separated her human form and her spider form. You probably did this for 1 simple reason. So you can have her human form look like every other female mage in the game, rather than put in the time to make an actually interesting half-human hybrid. Besides, who'd wanna **** a half-spider woman, right?

- article-29, subsection c ) Bland color scheme. : QUICK! What's the first thing you think of when someone mentions a spider queen? .... A Black Widow. What's that colored? Red and black...... Wow so original.

-Speaking of , when you think of a black widow, what do you think of (except Scarlet Johanson's ass) ?
A crazy ass woman who seduces dudes. .. There, that's her personality. No motives, no nothing. She's a black widow who kills dudes... like Eve.

-Her artwork is actually pretty clever. Those heels actually make her look spindly and spider-like, and her thinness do, in fact make her look a little unsettling. A shame that all of that DIDN'T make it into the actual game, cause you just used "standard_female_model_02" , which you probably used in syndra, Zyra, the new eve, etc.

Look, you put out a looooot of really good character designs. I still look at Singed's overall design as one of the BEST character designs ever made in a video game. But this is lazy on your part. Look at how colorful and originial and DIFFERENT the old spider queen looked like http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-vV0giyVJNM...piderqueen.jpg
Riot picks a theme and goes with what looks BEST, not what looks original. They've said so themselves many times.
some (in the case of character design, a LOT) repeating patterns are repeating because they work perfectly. Originality for its own sake isn't always a good idea. a wise (if cynical) man made a comment along the lines of "you wouldn't make a space capsule out of fudge".
And indeed, you wouldn't make a spider queen bright pink and blue and carrying and umbrella.
The POINT of Elise's character is to appear (mostly) safe at first then suddenly RAAARHEAJKRKLJHUJHREJAHRJKHEARJKEA*you'redead* Of course her human form is the way it is.
*insert Ackbar quote here*

Lippoe Nutiket

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devinatiol View Post
...no champ has her face covered in the leauge
Except Kayle.

Lippoe Nutiket

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombotany View Post
Riot: bad at math!

There are 11 "legs" in the human design, including the human legs which I'm guessing would magically disappear. So... 9 spider legs...

So, let's count them out: 3 on the head (which is where your problem lies) 2 on the back, 4 on the waist.

hope it helps!
There are not 11 legs in the human design. The three spines on her head are not legs. I was going to make the same comment about there being too many legs/arms, because if you count them she has 5 pairs (not including the headpiece). Simple solution: remove one set from her tailbone area.

Fredo the Choco

10-24-2012

Do we really need more mids though? I think the character is cool, but can we have maybe a support or ADC next? I might be on my own in this opinion, but there are way to many options for mid and top lanes.

P.S. Please don't reply with the rage comments about how they can do what they want, this is just my opinion. I, personally, would like more AD Carries and Supports

DoctorlyRob

10-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MishraArtificer View Post
And again with the skinny skimpy outfit female character. Riot can you please make a a Female Champion that isn't showing off their entire body in such a fashion?
You can't blame riot, this is society. This is the way we WANT to see so called "Independent women." (according to SOCIETY not me) They have to make the champions like-able by the mass. Statistics show that gamers (of men and women) prefer sexy independent women rather than normal or ugly women. So don't blame riot blame society. Thank you

DoctorlyRob

10-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredo the Choco View Post
Do we really need more mids though? I think the character is cool, but can we have maybe a support or ADC next? I might be on my own in this opinion, but there are way to many options for mid and top lanes.

P.S. Please don't reply with the rage comments about how they can do what they want, this is just my opinion. I, personally, would like more AD Carries and Supports
I'm not here to rage lol, and what you say is true they haven't made a new ADC or Support champ since what Jayce? But if you notice there was like a line of ADC that came out now there is a line of Assassins and Mages, hopefully support champs will be next. We really could use some more options on straight support champions