Inside Design: Weaving the Spider Queen’s Web

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gixia

10-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxThetisxX View Post
I really like her concept, how she looks really captures the theme of "Queen" (Sexy, Femine Side) and "Spider" (Vicious, 8-legged spider!).
I'd actually like to know how she captures the theme of queen. Especially since sexy is not an adjective that has any correlation with royalty.

keets23

10-20-2012

Can u say DOTA 2 "Brood Mother".

SolidVirtue

10-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by keets23 View Post
Can u say DOTA 2 "Brood Mother".

did you ever hear about Priscilla the Spider Queen ? Ya know .. Befor DOTA2

Haiiro Kitsune

10-20-2012

Adding the voice actor to this Q&A would be cool.

Omegadragoonx0

10-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotZeronis View Post
Now that you mention it, I can hear that in my head! Lady Arachnia!!

A metal skin for her, like Black Arachnia, would be nice, just not all pink like her Beast Machines form had that this champ closely resembles. Like a Full-Metal Elise or Transmetal Elise. I'm just excited for her launch

TM Dazzling

10-20-2012

Please please please release a hi-res version of the concept art that I can use as desktop wallpaper.

Fat of the Land

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-20-2012

any way we can see a sketch of the "scary version"? I'd really love to see what creepiness you guys came up with if this is the toned down form.

XDarkSpreeX

10-20-2012

im going to run out of money by this rate

Elodin

10-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedestrianA View Post
Seriously, anyone consider how contradicting it is for one who always want to hide her true intention of eating her disciples to step under the public sight on the summoner's rift with her true form.

Any explanation? Riot.

She doesn't eat her disciples, she feeds them to a giant spider and then drinks the spider's venom. Her disciples crave power of the Spider God, what better way to demonstrate this power (as well as recruit new disciples) than to take center stage in the world.

You might ask why the League would allow this (as previous lore indicates the champions are unable to keep anything from them, Leblanc possibly being the only exception.) but it's clear the league has at least somewhat dark motives and they tend to deny anything that would lead to panic, while still allowing monsters in. (Look at the void creatures)

SoyAddict

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-20-2012

feel like a nidalee 2.0 hehe