Jungling.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Crachen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-19-2012

Ok so heres the thing. Ive noticed as a main jungler, if you dont get often ganks or fail to, you tend to fall behind in levels. I get to level 5 or 6 and clear my jungle fairly quick, but most of the other lanes are well ahead by 2 or 3 levels. Then to make matters worse. My mid laners have no problem taking my wraiths, but complain when i take lane when they go back to heal or buy or whatever.

I feel like jungle monsters should provide a bit more of a boost exp wise. Alot of you will disagree with this, but i see many games lost people teams lose faith in the jungler or are too quick to blame them for un successful ganks.

But then again, when a jungle does really well, it also appears that they snowball out of control. Your thoughts?

Reathien

10-19-2012

Some junglers can't gank well (Looking at you WW you furry *******) but some can very well.
With this in mind, a jungler CAN fall behind if he does not get the ganks needed, whether he waits for 6 first, or just goes at 4, or even 2. HOWEVER. With that in mind, a jungler quite adept at ganking (Nocturne, Lee) that has a good clear time will then level quite rapidly, with their ganking ability and increased exp in the jungle, they would be on par with mid or top.

In a perfect world jungle should be about the same as the support, a good day maybe a level above, somewhere between bot and mid.

Also consider strong counter junglers, they would also have a very strong lead in levels.

TBH, the jungle is fine at the moment, some junlgers do fall a little behind, but they usually have strong late games (WW, malphite, Hec).

Grollm

10-19-2012

I disagree with Warwick not being able to gank well. Sure there are junglers who have stronger ganks than WW, but if you build anti-carry WW and you know when to initiate your ganks are fine. A lot of WW players build him bruiser or tanky, and WW is not really utilized best like that. He is best built on-hit because of his massive attack speed bonus and with a frozen mallet he pretty much can keep a perma-slow on you. WW is probably one of my favorite junglers, but if my team has a tank bot support or top (or both) I will jungle WW otherwise I will gravitate towards the tanky junglers like Malph, Alistar, Naut, etc. Also, his ability to push towers is insane. I just think he is somewhat underrated.

Snake XT

10-19-2012

Just get GP5 items and even if you are behind levels the gold will compensate for it. You can then start building the right items for better ganks and just maybe level up that way.

Crachen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-19-2012

I see your points. As a jungle who mains lee. I sometimes find that ganking as early as level 1 is crucial in some cases, but not all. its all part of knowing when cooldowns are available, knowing when you can potentially gank, and all sorts of other stuff. But if you end up dying for a first blood. Most of the time you get called out as just bad.

Jaasiel Darda

10-19-2012

To be honest op,
Jungle is one of the most frustrating/fun roles in the game. Ganks are your way of helping the team and jungle farming is very important. I know if I can't get a successful gank off early then i suffer, (frustrating) but if i get it at the perfect moment i come back strong, counter like a boss and win the game. (fun) it's a double edged sword and you need to be good at what you do or yes you will fall behind. I see your point, but with it how it is, it leaves skill in the game, taking it out would leave it boring and dull

Fiveofswords

10-19-2012

well very often peopel will need their lane covered while they go B and refuel...if you are watching the map a lot you will knwo when this is about to happen...so go in that lane and farm some some minions. Its more important that all three lanes are constantly farmed than the jungle, and you can cover the gaps in that. Helps me a lot.
Usually when i jungle i actually am mid lane's level...this is true even if my ganks failed. I jsut always look for the best and closest opportunity...whether its coutnerjungling or ganking or jungling or covering some lane
my favorite jungler is shen actually...and its a huge bonus to have some mechanic to let you get through walls like shen, lee sin, etc. I also tend to run tleeport and smite with him...i am ALWAYS somewhere improtant
dont always insist on finishing off some creep you have been fighting...sometimes sometihng needs attention quickly...forget getting the last 4 hits on the golem

SilverChampz

10-20-2012

well my main position is jungle.. and have played jungle around 2000 times.. and yeah sometimes it really is frustrating if your 1st 2nd and 3rd gank fail.. and somehow enemy's jungle successfully gank.. and you get blame for it.. and you kinda fall behind with only around 35 cs and behind like 2 lvls from enemy's jungle.. you should ask your mid/top/bot laner to help you catch up (by killing minions) i dont really think jungle monster should give more exp and gold tho.. it just like nowadays jungler just like another supp in the game (malph,naut,mao,skarner) well of course some of them also assassin but it just like tanky jungler lot more useful in teamfight.. if you gank successfully.. somehow you get 4 kills 2 assist in 20 minutes.. after early game you just support your team with tankiness and initiation.. and give your ap carry,ad carry and top laner kills and let them fed.. somehow after that fight... you really just like a forgotten hero and your adc,apc,top be the hero.. oh the irony..

King Lettuce

10-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crachen View Post
Ok so heres the thing. Ive noticed as a main jungler, if you dont get often ganks or fail to, you tend to fall behind in levels. I get to level 5 or 6 and clear my jungle fairly quick, but most of the other lanes are well ahead by 2 or 3 levels. Then to make matters worse. My mid laners have no problem taking my wraiths, but complain when i take lane when they go back to heal or buy or whatever.

I feel like jungle monsters should provide a bit more of a boost exp wise. Alot of you will disagree with this, but i see many games lost people teams lose faith in the jungler or are too quick to blame them for un successful ganks.

But then again, when a jungle does really well, it also appears that they snowball out of control. Your thoughts?
Well, the point of a jungler is to allow a solo top to get more levels, as well as the bot lane having more dragon control early game. You should ONLY take a lane if the enemy is pushing, or the minions are at your turret, and you should only last hit instead of autoattacking.

Sephïroth

10-20-2012

I main jungle as well, and I've noticed the same as well. I'm only sitting around 1300ish elo, but I'll share what I do to kind of counter act that a little bit.

If I gank a lane, I normally take one or two last hits(LAST HITS not push his lane.) If they do complain, I'm not rude but I explain "I just ganked for you and you're complaining that I took TWO last hits to make up for the time I lost in jungle?"

Usually most people understand after this, if not you have a long game ahead of you. Just do your best to not make them angry, and take your cs from the lanes that will not complain. Sometimes I will gank less if they complain, because I need CS and Experiance to thrive as do they.

Jungling is one of those roles that people highly under appreciate. You have THE BIGGEST effect on the game, unlike support, and even when you feed your entire team you will rarely get the credit, just like support.

Anyways, what separates good and bad players in this games is those who can get over what others say and work on self evaluation instead. Look at what "the pros" do and look to improve upon it. They are constantly learning, too.