Demacia? Noxus?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HeyMyCatIsOnFire

09-29-2010

where does demacia come from? why does they fight each other?

[inesert some meme here]

also is poppie from demacia or does she just work for demacia

Amarathval

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-29-2010

Poppy is a friend of Demacia, and is the ambassador from wherever it is that yordles come from... bangle city? i think?

Leveling

09-29-2010

Bandle City. She is from that city.. or the Yordles, but moved to DEMACIA

RiotBuster

09-29-2010

Yordles sound like a type of kick me dog

Yogtheterrible

09-29-2010

I think Noxus and Demacia are both confederacies of independent states...similar how the US was prior to the ratification of the constitution (the 13 colonies worked together but were autonomous).

The difference between the two is, I think, Demacia is a name of the confederacy and a city-state within the confederacy while Noxus is just the name of the confederacy. I don't think anything has been said as to why they are at war...merely Noxus attacks everyone they see and Demacia doesn't like that.

I haven't read anything but the champion bios, though, so I could be wrong.

Claxxess

09-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogtheterrible View Post
I think Noxus and Demacia are both confederacies of independent states...similar how the US was prior to the ratification of the constitution (the 13 colonies worked together but were autonomous).

The difference between the two is, I think, Demacia is a name of the confederacy and a city-state within the confederacy while Noxus is just the name of the confederacy. I don't think anything has been said as to why they are at war...merely Noxus attacks everyone they see and Demacia doesn't like that.

I haven't read anything but the champion bios, though, so I could be wrong.
That's about the same vibe I got.
Noxus are ******-bags and Demacia suffers from the world police syndrome.

GenesisDante

09-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claxxess View Post
That's about the same vibe I got.
Noxus are ******-bags and Demacia suffers from the world police syndrome.
Also the "We need a rule for everything down to wiping your ass" syndrome.

SuzumeStjohn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-29-2010

Well in the lore, it says that Noxus and Demacia are two different city states. Also says they have been fighting as long as anyone can remember, and that it is mostly just for differing views of how things should be run. Demacia fights for 'truth justice and the blah blah blah..' and Noxus is very underhanded and power hungry, so naturally they but heads. There are also a few other city states, such as bangle city, and the newest is the one that Ashe and Trynd rule together now. Can find most of this info in each characters Bio, and in the JoJ in the game. In between games just click on the lore tab... and Ta da!

GPEternity

09-29-2010

Both Demacia and Noxus are large autonomous city-states, they are situated on opposite sides of the continent and the Institute of War sits in between them (look at the world map). In previous eras the two were at war with eachother. The formation of the League put an end to open conflict between the two but they continue to be rivals, and might still be having small skirmishes in various places according to certain characters lores and the JoJ (Urgot's background).

Both states attempt to spread their influence to others, with varying degress of sucess. The city of Zuan is near Noxus but has its own ruling body, the two are friendly with eachother. Noxus is currently encroaching upon the Barbarian territories of the north, causing the Tryndamere to forge an alliance with Ashe.

Poppy is a Yordle from Bandle City near the southern end of the continent, closer to Noxus. She is an ambassador to Demacia, which inplies that Bandle City is more friendly toward Demacia than it is to Noxus, but many Yordles take up residence in Noxus (again implied through the JoJ). Poppy's title also suggests that she takes part in Demacian politics (moreso than just being an ambassador).