pros/cons: best support

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

adc

01-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokethisKid View Post
... First of all Amumu's early game is short as hell because of how fast he can clear the jungle. You can clear the whole jungle pathing so he gains levels as fast as mid/top...

In all honesty, everyone is weak when they get counter jungled. I only said he wasn't a Strong jungler because his clearing speed is slower and needs items to do well since he scales well off items. Also Amumu has only 1 Hard CC. His other cc is a Snare which is useful, but in terms of strong cc, Nau provides "strong" cc
Actually, Amumu's ult is an entangle, not a snare. Until next patch, it's stops both movement AND autoattacks, rather than just movement.

Probably Farming

01-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD Bottom View Post
Actually, Amumu's ult is an entangle, not a snare. Until next patch, it's stops both movement AND autoattacks, rather than just movement.
Yea, but you know you can cast spells right...?

LeBIink

04-01-2013

I've been playing a lot support now, and I find myself more into Tanky Supports with heavy cc. My idea of a support is to not rely on items meaning you can afford more wards, able to tank damage for your adc, strong cc to initiate and save your adc (or start a team fight). Also, you can't support if you instantly get poped, or even you don't get pop in a teamgame but get pop while placing a ward, your less helpful.
I like j4 for his flag vision and bonus AS for your adc, he has a nice knock up, slow and his sexy ult, while it makes sense to build him as a tank or really tanky in the same time and he can afford jumping into battles and not end up feeding. (Feel shield as well :P)
Taric is just as nice, a passive armor aura and a heal. His easy stun is great and like I said, it's a strong cc. Same as j4 he can be build really tanky and work well, more passive than j4.
Ofcourse, others like sonna soraka are nice, but i rather not get pop in a fight. A lot of ppl target down adc and supp, while they know of supp is down (lane phase) adc is quite fcked, but if your a tanky supp, they can't get you :P

ChiSqrd

04-01-2013

There is no "best" support. Just pick whichever support works well with your adc while at the same time countering your opponent's bot lane.

Masquerain

04-20-2013

There isn't really a "Best suppport" it depends on how much you like your support, who your ADC is, and how much skill you have. I've written a brief descriptions of the most popular supports below:

Taric:
He's got a nice heal, a good armor buff, his ult can help deal a LOT of damage in team fights or in lane. He also has a great stun for initiating/helping your ADC escape. Not much more to say, as I don't play him enough to know too much about him.

Sona:
Personally my favorite support. She has a really good poke if you can pull it off (Q + Passive), and also has an amazing ult which is an AoE stun. She also has a good heal, and movement speed buff. As a Con, I'd say that you need to learn how to use your passive, and the ranges of your spells, since they're all practically smart-cast (except for ult).

Soraka:
People say she's a weak support, but she's got an amazing laning phase, as well as being able to heal people from across the map with her ult. Taking mana-hungry/spammy ADCs with her will give her lane a huge edge. Miss Fortune and Ezreal are my favorite ADCs with her. She has a strong single-target heal, and a global heal aswell. She can silence/regenerate mana for her allies, and spamming her Q can reduce the enemies' MR to the negative digits.

Lulu:
Despite her not having no sustain, she has easily one of the best pokes, not to mention her shield can really help an ally. Her ult is what makes her shine: being able to turn someone into a tank (sort of) can really be a huge threat, along with a knockup. She can render an enemy useless for a couple of seconds.

Leona:
She has a great initiate with her E and Q (if you land your E first), and becomes heavily tanky with her W. Her passive will also help your allies deal much more damage, if proc'd. Her ult is amazing, especially in team fights. A good Leona will be able to stun 2 people at once, if not more. Despite this, she provides no sustain.

Blitzcrank:
Extremely annoying to play against. His pull can easily kill an enemy fast, if pulled into your allies. His knockup will follow up on your CC, and his silence will top it all off, disabling any blinks or heals. His passive will also save him a LOT. Despite all the CC he has, two of them are single-target, which means that most of his spells will go out on one person.

Janna:
Often considered to be the best late-game support because of all of her strong team fight spells. She's the only champion to be able to shield a turret, which can save you a lot of time, and also save a couple of turrets. Her ult can save an ally (or a couple of allies) and, if continued to be channeled, can heal your team. Her slow can help chase down people, or engage, while her knockup can really cripple their positioning, or help escape.

nusabi

04-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seph´roth View Post
This is an extremely hard question to answer.

Frankly, its not about the best support, its about who best synergizes with their AD carry.

For instance: Janna/Graves work absurdly well together because he has natural armor/MR which make her shield block that much more.

Tristana/ Taric work extremely well bottom because his stun and her W makes it nearly impossible for a carry to run once they initiate.

Ezreal/Soraka work well together because EZ can spam his Q and lower his cooldowns on the rest of his spells.

There are tons more those are just a few of the bigger ones. If you're looking for a strong support people rarely complain about pick Blitzcrank. He's fairly tanky naturally as well one of the best utilities in the game. Though if you're bad, or have a bad game, people will let you know.

End game though, you need to find what suits you. Wait for free week supports to come out and try them. That's the only way to find any new champ.

Exactly. It's about how char can synergize with each other. I ran a Malph support with a Vayne, and let her last hit and helped stun against a Teemo and Soraka and Vayne went 4-0 before 15 min. We had fun dominating our lane because we worked well and communicated.

Zeltoss

11-26-2013

So my top 5 supports are Blitzcrank, Thresh, Taric, Zyra, and Leona in that order because these supports are quite aggressive and I like aggressive supports (my personal preference).

Blitzcrank is my fav because he works with just anyone if you land the hooks but his best synergy imo is with Vayne. You can wombo combo your way to a win with their q+e+r.Once you hook, knock them up, and ult,if Vayne isn't Bronze then she will react with her q+e+r if you are near a wall. Or Vayne can just E them behind her so they have a longer distance to tower.

Thresh I like because come on, its Thresh, you can make massive saves with lantern if your teammates aren't Bronze. His hook is a combo of Blitz and Naut, once reactived you can jump in and use your E to knock them back and slow or forward and slow if you are running. Plus he is quite tanky with his passive and once he has a few items on him. I get a lot of stupid people focusing me as Thresh instead of my ADC so its quite fun to play him while they are doing that.

Taric I have as third because he is more of a mid-late game champ even with his new passive because of his really long cds and high mana costs. He works quite well with Jinx, Ezreal, and Vayne. Jinx is allowed to hammer on them with her Switcheroo Minigun and is allowed to set up another stun with her E if she is quick to react to his e. Ezreal because Taric x Ez , also because he is allowed to do a lot of damage with Tarics ult and e because he can spam his Q and W. Vayne because she can set up another stun with her E if Taric gets them near a wall with E. Like its just all about his E in this paragraph, his heal is nice too if you get some AP and levels on it. His W allows the ADC to survive more with armor bonus.

Zyra is really awesome because she can poke with her Q, my build for her is half ap half support to get some good dps off her Q and plants. She works well with almost every ADC because of her E, its really nice with Draven because it allows him to Q well. Her Ult is awesome in teamfights with the AOE knockup.

Leona because she has a nice amount of cc in her kit and is quite good with initiates and saves with her ult and e. The reason she is number 5 is because she is hard to work with if your adc isn't in Skype or doesn't get your signal. Never the less I still love her in lane and in teamfights

Phoenix Queen

11-26-2013

Nami all the way, her abilities gives movement speed (based on ap now) she has a knockup, stun, a heal
and she can empower your basic attacks, making you deal more damage and slow the enemy

The only cons with name would be.. she's really mana hungry, like if you don't build any mana regen item, she uses 6-7 spells and your mana pool is empty

hi23456789

05-15-2014

I say nidalee because in human form spear toss is almost as strong as an ult

Whoa There Betsy

05-15-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi23456789 View Post
I say nidalee because in human form spear toss is almost as strong as an ult
#BronzeLogic