Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Potential Tribunal Bug?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JJ Unbreakable

11-20-2012

I'm not sure but I think "Offensive Language" is just the default option when you click report.
So if people just click Report -> Send. It comes up with "Offensive Language" and no comments.

They could also be just clicking to report their entire team/entire enemy team, either because they hate everyone or they don't remember who did the deed.

Saikaici

11-20-2012

Quote:
RiotNinjaTabby:
Thanks for the ID! I pulled the raw chat logs, and this guy didn't say anything for the whole game. I agree with you that this was probably a case of the wrong report type.

Still, keep posting any IDs you run into and I'll continue to verify.

<3 your name.

Ninja Tabby!

Makes me think of a kitty. :3

OwlCityBestCity

09-23-2013

Hey all, it's OP with a changed summoner name.

I'm doing tribby cases again and found another instance of what I outlined in the first post.
I.D Case #6600146

Hopefully someone can look into the chat logs and see. I'm gonna check the rest of the games and formulate my vote based off of those reports.

TheCute0ne

09-23-2013

Quote:
ImogenArk:
Hey there,

I was just going through some tribunal cases and I came across something that I've seen before, but only just now peaked my interest.

Every so often, I get cases that have reports for, more often than not, "Offensive Language". Now, a majority of cases are this type or "feeding" from what I've seen, but there is something strange about a few of these "offensive language" cases.

I will sometimes see cases that have a singular or 2-3 reports against someone for inappropriate language, yet when I check the text box, said reported player hasn't spoken at all! This has happened in games ranging from 20-50 minutes and there is not one point where I see this reported player speak, yet people on both teams seem to be making references to them, and it seems they are reacting to something being said.

I don't know if the reported players have a way of hiding their text or if the other players are just feeling sour and are exploiting the report function. Either way, I don't want to allow someone who is actually being inappropriate to continue being such, but if i can't see what they are saying, how do I know what they're really acting like?

Just a little confused here and any guidance would help. This could be an error on my part but could also be an error on the system or an error on both ends. I'm just not sure.

Hopefully you guys can look into this and figure it out. Thanks!

P.S has anyone else seen this? Am I the only one?

thats cuz they're bieng spammed reported you moron

OwlCityBestCity

09-23-2013

Got another, most cases just have a few individual games where the suspect types nothing.
I.D Case #6600146

@tempname45256116

It's easy enough to tell false reports. But when the suspect says nothing, gets reported by their own team and the enemy, goes positive, and wins the game, then I wonder if something is missing. Sure, the person could STILL have be falsely reported, but I want to be sure that I'm not letting someone who did something wrong get away with it because of an unfortunate bug or glitch.

powerbats

09-23-2013

Quote:
tempname45256116:
thats cuz they're bieng spammed reported you moron

It could also be that the person is using pre/post game chat to be abusive to avoid getting caught by Tribunal despite the fact that Riot can plainly see it and if Tribunal voters see a pattern they can punish for it.

I'd call you the moron like you did the op but there's no point.

powerbats

09-23-2013

Op You should open a new thread next time instead of pulling up such an old one and reference this one instead.

OwlCityBestCity

09-23-2013

Quote:
powerbats:
Op You should open a new thread next time instead of pulling up such an old one and reference this one instead.

Yeah, but this one already has red replies and some nice community input already set up; makes more sense to me to just pick up where it left off. (We all flock to posts with red commments.)

Done my 20 cases for the day, posted the cases I found. I'll do some tomorrow and hopefully others will post some they find as well. Luck all.

KittyPrawn

09-23-2013

Remember, people could be reporting for post game chat. Those aren't false reports, but it wouldn't be stuff Tribunal sees. I really don't think there is a glitch.

OwlCityBestCity

09-23-2013

Quote:
KittyPrawn:
Remember, people could be reporting for post game chat. Those aren't false reports, but it wouldn't be stuff Tribunal sees. I really don't think there is a glitch.

Yeah, I'm concious of this, but when the report details things the person said while IN-GAME, and nothing seems to be said, and this comes from more than just one report, then again, the concern arises.

I'm not some dumbo who is ignorant to what MAY be going on, but I'm trying to be realistic because there may actually BE A BUG. This is just a way of trying to figure it out. I don't care if I'm wrong or not, I just want to know!