Holiday RP Sales?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RenegadeTQ

10-19-2012

I was wondering: Since you guys have all these 'deals' going on for Halloween costing RP if we might also get an RP sale.

Personally, I am not a person who would typically spend $50 on a game which is free for aesthetically pleasing purchases in one sitting. I might spend this over the course of a couple of months but never at once. However, I can't help but eyeball the 10k RP icon. I want it o.o. There is just one problem: It would cost me $70 to get it... That seems a little steep to me and unfair to a great majority of players who cannot afford to shell out that kind of money.

I personally do have the money for it but I am frugal with my money. I was thinking that if there were a sale then perhaps more people like myself would be inclined to be a little more liberal with our pocketbooks. For instance, I would be more than happy to relinquish Mr. Ulysses S. Grant if it would get me that 10k RP icon.

Currently at that price you get RP at a rate of 144 RP per dollar. At the discounted rate you'd get an even 200 RP per dollar...56 more per dollar. You could have similar rate change discounts for others. Riot might find this a little extreme but it is my personal opinion that the influx of people spending money that they would otherwise not have spent would far outweigh the cost reduction (on customers) and result in an increase of revenue.

Tl; dr: RP sale pls. I would like 10k RP for $50 o.o

SoresuMakashi

10-19-2012

Based on past Harrowing history, this won't happen. Riot does, however, typically award bonus RP for purchases around Christmas-time, so you might want to wait for that.

Edit: Last year it was a flat 300RP bonus for a maximum of 1 RP purchase.

RenegadeTQ

10-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoresuMakashi View Post
Based on past Harrowing history, this won't happen. Riot does, however, typically award bonus RP for purchases around Christmas-time, so you might want to wait for that.
They haven't had as many money sinks in the past around Halloween either. There are icons for spending a certain amount of money (currently 70$ minimum for the best) and ward skins which would cost 10,400 IP for the cheapest and 8580 RP for the most expensive (these prices are for permanently buying/52 weeks).

pyropure

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-19-2012

i wouldnt mind sales either

RenegadeTQ

10-19-2012

Bump for sales!

Nendoroid

10-19-2012

too bad the RP i bought before Oct doens't go toward this icon thing .....sad teemo is sad but sale would b nice

RenegadeTQ

10-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude Im Lagging View Post
too bad the RP i bought before Oct doens't go toward this icon thing .....sad teemo is sad but sale would b nice
It does actually. People like you were angry about buying IP in September so Riot changed it so that if you spend 10k RP before the deadline then you also get the icon. So say you bought 10k RP in September before any of this was announced. If you spend that 10k RP right now you will get the icon.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2696669

Also there is mention of lifetime rewards (all RP you've ever bought/spent throughout your gaming lifetime goes towards rewards)...so that's interesting.

IS13e0aeec2857bf5e36fe8

10-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeTQ View Post
Bump for sales!
Bump for sales!