The "Great Teammate" Ribbon.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Scared

10-19-2012

I know there have been similar threads about the ribbons you can unlock for you summoners profile, however this thread is about the Teammate ribbon, which is green.

I am very new to LoL, about 2 weeks ago I first played this game as I have mainly been a console player for years, and to be honest, I haven't played such a brilliant and fun pc game for some time now.
However, because I am very new, I am also a very average player.
I have brilliant games where I will go very positive or a huge amount of assists, which makes me smile, but more often than not, I will make mistakes and die more often than others.
These mistakes will only be fixed in time.
But because I have the "Great Teammate" ribbon, if I make ONE mistake in game whilst playing solo, I will get abused, called a 'cheat' for obtaining a ribbon I shouldn't have, etc etc.

For example, Today I was playing a normal game, paired up with 2 of my friends.
Unfortunately, I was having a very rough game, my internet connection taking a beating and lagging horribly, constantly dc/ing and reconnecting.
Because of this, I went horrible, 0/4/3 or something close to that and was abused by EVERY person in the lobby at end game for 'boosting' the ribbon and saying other idiotic things.

My rant is basically coming to an end, and all I ask of this is to be able to toggle the visible ribbon off.
/Rant.

Tl;Dr, Option for disabling visible ribbon status.

Thank you.

xKingCrayx

10-19-2012

this has happened to me a few times too, ppl saying i suck so my ribbon is a lie lol

Eleshakai

10-19-2012

Yesterday and today have been the only two days I've actually been grateful to have the ribbons I have. Prior to yesterday, every experience I had where someone made note of it(aside from just to ask how I got it) was a negative one, so I know what you're saying.

I posted a thread a few weeks back asking to be able to hide the ribbon. Riot did reply to the question in their big 'ama about the honor system' thread, and they said they had no intent of letting people hide it at that time. Maybe that will change though.

possessed

11-26-2012

2 week and you got that already? /jelly

Fetusmasher

11-26-2012

I'm totally honorable and deserve this ribbon except not at all.