Was Nerfing Ezreals 'W' too much?

First Riot Post
12345612 ... 15
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xephen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmaonade200 View Post
not really, he's still a good champion, his dueling ability will be lower, but he still has a bunch of movement, poke, and a team buff.

and for your comparisons to other champions:
Ashe and MF do not have blink/dash type skills, their slows are easily justified
Vayne's stun is conditional, so unless you position correctly you'll only be helping them, so it's a reward for good positioning
Graves and Corki require close range to make the most out of their skills

Ezreal can still poke at a long range and basically does all his damage at max range, the AS debuff was really strong and it's fine that it's gone now, though it might warrant a look/rework of his ulti, since all it is is damage, and even then it gets reduced easily.
Well yeah that is what I was getting at. Removing the AS debuff is fine, but leaving him with nothing else to semi make up for it seems lack luster. It would either be a rework of his ulti, or of his W. Hell if they nerf him again and get him so he is never played then they will just redo his whole kit >.<

wheresmyfreename

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xephen View Post
I am saying. I figured it would git hit pretty hard, but Ezreal must have done something to piss them off so much. They are like "Alright guys lets use our normal step down scaling on everyone else, but lets shot Ezreal in the shoulder and see if he comes back out of this alive."
I still think he'll be alright but he's definitely going to be taking a step down from "top 3 AD carry" because he had a lot of dueling power from his W...

Honestly I think Draven, Tristana, and Kog'Maw will be more sought after carries now...

Deadman

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

Quote:
Yeah that does make sense, but if the only thing making Ezreal too good was the AS debuff then they remove it, but give him nothing to make up for it, would it not put him at a worse level than the other ADCs at this point?

Hell I still do not know why Jayce was not hit harder because he was banned almost every game, and was lobbing 1/4 peoples health off with his shot, but they just increase the cost of his mana for him? What did Ezreal do to them to get them pissed? lol
Ezreal became the premier ADC when the last patch rolled out and they nerfed the other ADCs into the ground.

The only thing Ezreal did to get everyone so pissed is that Riot made every other ADC so weak against Ez, that people caught on and he became the best. Now people are sick of seeing him in every game, so instead of buffing the other ADCs and making them viable, they would rather nerf a significant part of Ezreal, call it a "FIX", and go on their merry way and nerf something else that doesn't need to be.

Ezreal is fine the way he is, the other ADCs need to be improved to where they can actually compete with Ezreal instead of just nerfing him and calling it a day.

Albireo

10-18-2012

Quote:
-give him a heal on it again, possibly for each champion hit he gains blank amount of health back (+ an AP ratio, small one at that.)
Give natural sustain to an ad carry is broken right now, the life steal is just too strong, an ad carry can be full health in few hits, even a small heal in top of that, and the escape mechanics, plus the mobility than his build TF give him is way just too strong right now.

The same with the slow, they are nerfing the phage/TF exactly because it was too strong of how corki and Ez can poke from 1k range with slow procs, giving it in his W that has already large range is eliminating any change run, you will have to engage him every time

I want to think at least Ez will be picked for specific comps, like a poke comp, or with certain supports, not with almost everything.

Mr M0nday

10-18-2012

increased ap ratio is a nerf? lawdy..

smilefase

10-18-2012

Quote:
I am saying. I figured it would git hit pretty hard, but Ezreal must have done something to piss them off so much. They are like "Alright guys lets use our normal step down scaling on everyone else, but lets shot Ezreal in the shoulder and see if he comes back out of this alive."
There was nothing that pissed them off about ezreal, just the vocal minority crying for nerfs and Riot overnerfing like they always do.

Deadman

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirIsaacExcant View Post
I still think he'll be alright but he's definitely going to be taking a step down from "top 3 AD carry" because he had a lot of dueling power from his W...

Honestly I think Draven, Tristana, and Kog'Maw will be more sought after carries now...
Draven has literally no escape and a steroid that relies on you catching an axe that has to be caught or you're ****ed

Kog'Maw has no escape and relies on a comp of "Protect the Kog'Maw" or you're ****ed

Tristana is alright

Deadman

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr m0nday View Post
increased ap ratio is a nerf? Lawdy..
oh boy, increased ap ratio on an ad carry

Fishous

10-18-2012

I think they should have just taken away the mana buffs they gave him first and seen what effect that had.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smilefase View Post
There was nothing that pissed them off about ezreal, just the vocal minority crying for nerfs and Riot overnerfing like they always do.
Stop embarrassing your mom and being stupid. They're not nerfing Ezreal because "a minority is crying about it". They're nerfing him because of his dominance in the tournament. Same reason they're doing all the other nerfs.

Zidanic

10-18-2012

They need to add something onto W to help out AP Ezreal.
Also revert the width nerf.

12345612 ... 15