Was Nerfing Ezreals 'W' too much?

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 15
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xephen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-19-2012

I get that the AS debuff was wrecking other ADCs. So why not just scale it back a lot, or give Ezreal something else to work with on his W. The move is now next to worthless in the scope of a game. AD Ezreal has no need for it anymore, and AP Ezreal has not been vary viable for a long time.

I say give him something else there, or just rework his W all together. Because with this his utility cc that ADCs have is gone. Ashe has her slow, MF has her slow, Vayne has her knock back/stun, Corkie has armor shredding, graves has a slow and vision blocking debuff, Now Ezreal has?

I get that it needed to be nerfed, but don't you guys think you went over board with the nerfs a little too much due to him being played so heavily in session 2?

Guys am I over reacting, or do I have a point here?

Deadman

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-19-2012

They would rather nerf Ezreal instead of fix other ADCs.

People are overreacting because he is the best ADC right now and are sick of seeing him, so they ask for nerfs, when instead they need to fix other ADCs to make them viable against Ezreal.

Pikachuux3

10-19-2012

Not as hard as DFG's nerf.

Aznjudis

10-19-2012

The nerf on ez is fine.

lmaonade200

10-19-2012

not really, he's still a good champion, his dueling ability will be lower, but he still has a bunch of movement, poke, and a team buff.

and for your comparisons to other champions:
Ashe and MF do not have blink/dash type skills, their slows are easily justified
Vayne's stun is conditional, so unless you position correctly you'll only be helping them, so it's a reward for good positioning
Graves and Corki require close range to make the most out of their skills

Ezreal can still poke at a long range and basically does all his damage at max range, the AS debuff was really strong and it's fine that it's gone now, though it might warrant a look/rework of his ulti, since all it is is damage, and even then it gets reduced easily.

OverTheBlueSky

10-19-2012

I think W should be a Silence debuff, and that his q should either do less damage or be on a higher cd...

Xephen

10-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadman View Post
They would rather nerf Ezreal instead of fix other ADCs.

People are overreacting because he is the best ADC right now and are sick of seeing him, so they ask for nerfs, when instead they need to fix other ADCs to make them viable against Ezreal.
Yeah that does make sense, but if the only thing making Ezreal too good was the AS debuff then they remove it, but give him nothing to make up for it, would it not put him at a worse level than the other ADCs at this point?

Hell I still do not know why Jayce was not hit harder because he was banned almost every game, and was lobbing 1/4 peoples health off with his shot, but they just increase the cost of his mana for him? What did Ezreal do to them to get them pissed? lol

wheresmyfreename

10-19-2012

I knew that they were going to nerf Ezreal's W, however I just thought they were going to reduce the AS reduction by like 15-20% (fairly formidable nerf)

However when I read they straight up removed it I was like holy **** O_o

Xephen

10-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirIsaacExcant View Post
I knew that they were going to nerf Ezreal's W, however I just thought they were going to reduce the AS reduction by like 15-20% (fairly formidable nerf)

However when I read they straight up removed it I was like holy **** O_o
I am saying. I figured it would git hit pretty hard, but Ezreal must have done something to piss them off so much. They are like "Alright guys lets use our normal step down scaling on everyone else, but lets shot Ezreal in the shoulder and see if he comes back out of this alive."

YAYpeptoBIZMOL

10-19-2012

As someone who plays Ezreal quite frequently, this will definitely hurt his early game trades and his viability in team fights. Getting rid of the entire debuff makes the skill useless to even get at this point, whereas before i would get it early and max it second so that i could stand a chance at trading with other AD carries. Removing the debuff honestly will gimp Ezreal to the point that they will just need to buff him again to compensate for the overnerf that they have given to him. Trading with AD carries is hard enough for him since he is very squishy early game. Yes, he has long range harrass, but if you were to try to trade with almost any other AD carry 1v1 at level 1, he would lose.

Solutions:

1) Give him something else besides a Attack speed debuff, such as:

-Half damage to minions but gives no stacks to his passive
-give him a heal on it again, possibly for each champion hit he gains blank amount of health back (+ an AP ratio, small one at that.)
-A silence, like someone above me suggested
-a slow, possibly the more champions hit the more the slow

2) They could just nerf the amount of AS debuff applied to the opponent.

Edit: i dont understand why Riot has been getting so Nerf happy on AD carries lately. I get trying to prevent the power creep of certain champions, but Taking away a strong utility aspect of Ezreal without anything to make up for it will hurt his viability.

1234511 ... 15