Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Veigar Quints? (And other runes)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheHat27

10-18-2012

Hi there!

I am level 19, about to be 20.

I have 11k saved up to buy a full rune page the moment I hit it.

So far I am thinking of using this guide for my runes:

http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=19404-ikarry-veigar-build-guide

What do you all think?

TheHat27

10-19-2012

I also play Morgana, Aniva, TF(But I play ADC TF, so that doesn't matter), and Karthus.

So, would these runes work throughout?

Amatzikahni

10-19-2012

Standard runes:

Marks: AD, MP
Seals: Mana5/18, Armor
Glyphs: MR/18
Quints: AD, AP

I'm sure other people may add one or two runes, but these are pretty essential to nearly every champ. Of course most champs will have specific rune pages to maximize a certain aspect of their game or to counter a certain lane opponent, but you really can't go wrong with these. If you don't have any mana problems at all, then skip the Mana5/18 Seals and go for AP/18.

In reference to that guide, he uses flat mana regen Seals because Veigar needs to be able to farm his Q, and he always has mana trouble in the early game (until he gets a regen item or Blue buff). Similarly, the flat MR Glyphs are used because he is very easily harassed early game (pretty much to the point where Veig isn't viable in higher Elo games). The MS Quints are for better zoning potential—Veig's opponent can't get as close to him since Veig can run them down faster and land a stun. They also help for ganking, teamfight positioning, and chasing/running to an extent.

bob000

10-20-2012

Quote:
Amatzikahni:
Standard runes:

Marks: AD, MP
Seals: Mana5/18, Armor
Glyphs: MR/18
Quints: AD, AP

I'm sure other people may add one or two runes, but these are pretty essential to nearly every champ. Of course most champs will have specific rune pages to maximize a certain aspect of their game or to counter a certain lane opponent, but you really can't go wrong with these. If you don't have any mana problems at all, then skip the Mana5/18 Seals and go for AP/18.

In reference to that guide, he uses flat mana regen Seals because Veigar needs to be able to farm his Q, and he always has mana trouble in the early game (until he gets a regen item or Blue buff). Similarly, the flat MR Glyphs are used because he is very easily harassed early game (pretty much to the point where Veig isn't viable in higher Elo games). The MS Quints are for better zoning potential—Veig's opponent can't get as close to him since Veig can run them down faster and land a stun. They also help for ganking, teamfight positioning, and chasing/running to an extent.

I'd say flat health and movespeed quints are more core than AD/AP but other than that I agree with the list of generic all purpose runes.