Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Play Offline?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SPabs

02-01-2011

That's a great idea, it took SC2 a while to get an offline mode, but they did it!

The option to play offline wouldn't serve much purpose other than testing builds or a new player while the server is down, IP and xp would be forgone.

Of course, if they make their AI better, adding in hard, very hard, and exteme mods, offline mode might become popular... it's very depressing to see a loss you got from a game against bots! (not that I would know). Better AI would open up the door for real practice with new champions.

Anyway, an offline mode would be great!

Bane of NA

02-07-2011

What would solve the ip xp problem isnt necessarily freezing accounts but having no account to go offline. you could just start up in offline mode and have everything unlocked so you can change everything from your champions to your runes. it would be easiest to do this with a standalone game that you would download and update every once in awhile. the only question is would riot be willing to gamble with a possible revenue loss from people playing a champion and deciding they dont like them so they dont buy them. but this issue could be solved by delaying patches for the offline game so that the new champions dont come out till a few weeks or even a month after they do online.

Zhadow13

02-10-2011

Quote:
to gamble with a possible revenue loss

Assuming that they decide NOT to buy it, I would think that a player having the choice of using multiple characters while offline would feel more inclined into buying them for online mode. Besides that, a full offline mode with everything allowed would allow playing around a lot of fun, and I see it benefiting them well.

I Yuris I

02-11-2011

i think this would be hard for LOL because of the champion issue. the game would have no idea of what champions u have on your account unless its somehow connected to the main server. i dont think they are gonna allow you to just use all the champions with u buying them using rp or ip.

but at the same time you can still have an offline mode were they allow you to play the free weekly champs or something.

Firellius

02-11-2011

Doing so would make them reveal crucial coding, which WILL lead to hacking.

Lord Tibbers

04-28-2011

i think there should be an option to switch from online to offline and if possible make a campaign and update the campaign every other month or something like that

Kyrrith

04-29-2011

If there were an offline mode, I would actually go out and buy a physical copy of the game. Lack of any single player mode is always the reason I stick to f2p in any online game I enjoy.

Also, I love the online, but a way to play when I can't always commit with certainty to finishing would be nice. I would just use the online bot only games, but those are frequently disabled due to server load.

EmSpecial

06-01-2011

yeah .. agree with this idea.. iam also here by googling offline LOL ..

LumosVectros

06-02-2011

Please include step by step instructions on how to play LOL Offline.

Bane Wraith

06-03-2011

Quote:
LumosVectros:
Please include step by step instructions on how to play LOL Offline.

You may not, as all the data is held server-side =P