Play Offline?

First Riot Post
123456 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Algia

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rkt Jso mk IV View Post
Tribes 1/2. Mechwarrior 3/4.
None of those ran on a single owner operated server, it would all be up to Riot to release the server code after they bite the dust which is unlikely. Even then you would still loose everything you've paid for.

coolrick92

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-04-2010

im all for LAN/offline!

Zircle

08-15-2010

Without server authentication, how will you not be able to try out all the heroes without a hacky method?

P.S. Sorry for the necro.

also a ****tastic ton of these threads.

I HAS CHARMS

09-08-2010

i would love an offline mode. would benefit because i live in australia and the maintenance is always at our daytime.

Xzodia

09-08-2010

Nice idea, doubt it will happen. They seem to make a point of only using their servers even for practice games and tutorial games. Probably a reason for that, otherwise they'd have done this for those modes.

Senior Recruiter

11-23-2010

this is very possible..just as it is possible with world of warcraft..
this is what you would need
mysql, a server emulator to emulate the authentication service, the LOL database..and thats pretty much it..before someone says "well how would you get the database without hacking thier servers" the database is installed on your computer..aka available to anyone

DarkWiked

01-18-2011

Yes it would be great to play offline while the servers are being patched up. =)

Ryudoma

02-01-2011

Do you think there would be a way to play offline or on LAN?

Some sort of mode where I can go in, regardless of server status, and screw around and test heroes, or just hook up with friends and play together without having to worry about IP, XP or leaving prematurely and getting penalized.

That's the one thing I'm worried about. I want to be able to make a 1v1 game with a computer and test out stuff and be able to leave the game at any time without risk of being penalized because I'd probably want to make and leave multiple games to test out multiple things.

AnAngryVeggie

02-01-2011

the problem would be gaining experience during offline play or lan. Might crash with the server probably like you gained a level in offline, the server said no you didnt..

Could be fixed anyway if offline play wont let us get exp or ip. Like freezing our account for a while during offline play.

Tried the bypass code thingy, tried to login but couldnt connect to the server :P

AnAngryVeggie

02-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryudoma View Post
Do you think there would be a way to play offline or on LAN?

Some sort of mode where I can go in, regardless of server status, and screw around and test heroes, or just hook up with friends and play together without having to worry about IP, XP or leaving prematurely and getting penalized.

That's the one thing I'm worried about. I want to be able to make a 1v1 game with a computer and test out stuff and be able to leave the game at any time without risk of being penalized because I'd probably want to make and leave multiple games to test out multiple things.
You get penalized for leaving a custom game with bots? oh dear x.x

123456 ... 8